Senior Financial Planning Analyst
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Financial Planning and Analysis includes all reporting, analysis and insight activities pertaining to decision making for the business. The reporting is generally present or future focused, or historic when required to provide trends and information in order to forecast in the future. This team includes what would be classed as ‘BPM’ support.
- Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting: Aid / Input into the annual strategic planning process as required through preparation of analyses, sales & margin plans and other requested supporting information to enable collation of the plan.
- Preparation of forecast summary reporting packs for the Divisional VPs with analysis and commentary
- Prepare key management reporting packs for decision making / disclosure to market. Monthly and quarterly consolidation of management information packs across business areas and roll up to group level showing performance against budget, forecast & prior year
- Business financial analysis with provision of insightful commentary along with ad-hoc analysis / reporting as required across normal month, quarter and year end processes to support decision making; for example, sales analysis, product profitability; cost of sales analysis; customer and product mix.
- Support Business Partnering providing targeted quality commercial analysis to Finance business partners to facilitate business decisions.
- Liaise with centres of expertise in Reporting and Robotics to drive the development of a set of high quality, reliable and robust standard reports to deliver timely and insightful information to the business customer
- Champion continuous improvement within PFS, to deliver tangible benefits and engage in wider standardisation and streamlining initiatives
Mandatory skills / capabilities:
- Technical Skills: excellent experience of planning, budgeting and forecasting and producing management information for decision making in a complex commercial environment. Ability to apply a range of budgeting and forecasting techniques to provide the business with the relevant financial information
- Analytical skills: Well developed analytical skills, ability to review and analyse financial data and explain results to senior management. Provide analysis to support decision making, including presenting economic outcomes, identifying key value drivers, benefits, risks and accounting implications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Desirable skills / capabilities
- Experience working with and partnering and presenting to senior stakeholders;
- Commercial focus, and the ability to apply business acumen to innovate, solve problems and achieve results;
- Ability to work autonomously demonstrating initiative and sound judgement;
- Ability to multi-task; coordinating the delivery of multiple priorities in parallel across disparate teams and locations.
Primary Location: GB-GB-Belfast
Work Locations: GB-Belfast-Millennium House Millennium House, 1st Floor Great Victoria Street Belfast BT2 7AQ
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 2, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1814660
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.