Senior Front-end Developer: up to £67,151 per annum, 27% pension contribution from DWP, work life balance so you can work in a way that works for you
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We're looking for a Senior Front-end Developer to join our DWP Digital community and build user focused journeys for citizens, to help them access support, payments, and to get into work.
DWP is a huge organization and we're taking on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of welfare services used by every single person in the UK at some point in their lives.
So, if you've got the skills and the will, and you want to work on something a bit different, we'll be able to find you the right engineering challenge on the right project.
We're working at home at the moment because of Covid-19, and our offer includes hybrid home/hub based working.
Our pension offer is great too - with 27% pension contributions - so you can look after your own future while creating solutions that empower others to do the same.
Development. Work. Projects.
- You'll build accessible and performant interfaces across multiple devices and browsers
- You'll write quality test-driven code, using modern frameworks and development techniques within a test driven development (TDD) environment
- You'll integrate into back-end services ensuring services are built to high standards
- You'll adhere to and shape the high standards to which DWP products and services are built, ensuring that the team uses modern web development techniques
- You'll build, maintain and share reusable libraries of code including contributing to cross-government code libraries
- You'll manager other developers work and development, establishing standards and promoting best practice
What skills knowledge and experience do you need to show us in your application?
- Actively build and maintain a network of colleagues and contacts to achieve progress on shared objectives
- Experience in building robust and accessible interfaces that work for as many users as possible, regardless of their needs.
- Experience with and able to share knowledge in automated testing to validate solutions e.g. Test driven development and Cross Browser testing.
- Experience with and able to share knowledge of technologies and frameworks used for web applications, e.g JSON and REST, frameworks such as reactJS and vueJS.
- Experience with and able to share knowledge in node.js development
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join our teams in Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We offer a competitive salary up to £67,151 and a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package starting at 26 days (25 days annual leave plus a day for the Queen's Birthday).
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions or you want more tips for success, reach out to me.