HM Land Registry (HMLR) are looking to appoint two Senior Internal Audit Managers, who will report directly the Head of Internal Audit. You will play an essential role in the delivery of assurance services to support HMLR's ambition and you will have a pragmatic approach to governance and change.
You will be responsible to lead a team, with overall responsibility for a range of audits and assignments. You will influence changes to the environment, so that risk is managed more effectively. With access to high profile work, you will work alongside key decision makers, audit specialists and private sector contractors, challenging and developing your skills, as well as ensuring we meet our customer expectations.
The main duties will include:
• Engage effectively with senior stakeholders to support the identification and management of key risks and to promote effective governance, risk management, control and assurance arrangements
• Deliver Internal Audit plans in line with quality, time and budget requirements to support robust assurance opinions and other agreed stakeholder requirements
• Develop and maintain strong, effective professional relationships with senior management teams in individual directorates across HMLR, establishing a ‘Business Partner’ model to identify specific assurance requirements and provide value-adding professional insight to help directorates manage risk and control frameworks effectively
• Develop and maintain strong, effective professional relationships with audit and assurance providers across government to ensure alignment with wider public sector assurance provision and industry best practice
• Lead high risk or complex audit assignments; prepare and present progress reports to Audit and Risk Committee and other Boards/Committees
• Continuously improve the team’s methodology and approach including effective use of technology drawing on best practice
• Lead people to manage, recognise and reward good performance; promote personal and professional development; nurture and manage talent; act promptly on feedback and issues; promote equality and diversity
You must hold one of the below Technical Memberships/Qualifications:
• Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors UK & Ireland
• Other Institutes of Internal Auditors that are part of IIA Global
• Accountancy - Fully Qualified, current member of one of the five CCAB bodies (ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, ICAS and Chartered Accountants Ireland) or CIMA.
You will be able to demonstrate recent practical internal audit experience and strong audit & assurance expertise, with the ability to establish relationships and influence diverse senior stakeholders. You will develop effective governance, aligned to strategic priorities, reduce risk and manage internal control arrangements. You will be able to effectively communicate, negotiate and challenge in a professional manner, while managing other assurance providers to ensure maximum value in providing assurance.