At Pearson, we’re committed to the world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always reexamining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
We have a fantastic opportunity available to join our Investigations team as a senior investigator, based in our offices in central London.
Key Role-Specific Deliverables
- Provide leadership and support to Investigators within the Investigations Team to ensure investigations are pursued in a timely, effective and compliant manner.
- Monitor the conduct of specified types of investigations to assist Head of Investigations in ensuring all investigations are conducted appropriately.
- Provide training to support the Investigations Team and other departments, where necessary.
- Assist the Head of Investigations in the resolution of investigations, development of working practices and reporting of data.
- Assist other teams in the Business Improvement and Regulation (BIR) division as and when necessary.
Key People Services Deliverables
- Keep the customer at the heart of all we do
- Shape internal infrastructure to respond to external trends
- Improve process and service efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintain the highest level of quality and standards
- Proactively contribute to a high performing Services Team
- Drive and improve personal performance
Key Customers & Stakeholders
- Head of Investigations (line manager)
- Director of BIR
- Other teams and staff within BIR, Vocational Quality Assurance (VQA) and Centre Management Team
- Heads of Centre and centre staff
- Regulators (Ofqual, SQA and the Welsh government) and other external stakeholders
Previous Work Experience
- Working in an investigative role
- Working in the education sector
- Previous experience of writing reports
- Experience of researching and reviewing data and information to draw conclusions /team leader experience
- Organising own workload to manage multiple high priority tasks
- Working to tight deadlines
- Experience of liaising verbally and in writing with a range of external customers and stakeholders regarding complex or sensitive issues
- Salary range £35,000-£40,000
- Annual pay review
- Annual bonus
- Competitive pension scheme
- Other staff benefits
- Be sure to submit a cover letter and up to date CV with your application
Education, Qualifications & Training
- You will ideally have a Bachelors degree
Systems, Tools & IT Literacy
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite
- Able to quickly learn company software packages
- Familiarity with more complex functions of MS Excel to manipulate data
- 37.5 hour core working week
- Overtime is available during peak periods
- Flexible working pattern available
- During peak times of activity there are restrictions on leave - especially May - August each year
- Some weekend work may be required
- May be required to undertake centre visits at very short notice
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jul 29, 2018
Job Unposting: Aug 12, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1810888
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled