The IT Security team provides advice, guidance and governance on IT Security measures for existing and new technical deliveries. This allows them to assure new capabilities are built to the correct security standards. The team acts as a focal point for all IT Security issues in Enterprise Services, coordinates responses to incidents and assists in the management of risk within Enterprise Services.
This role is responsible for ensuring the security of the NCA’s wide-ranging network and telecommunications systems to the highest security levels. The successful candidate will:
• Provide advice and maintain up to date knowledge in network, application and communication security solutions, and emerging technologies for security enterprise architectures and infrastructures.
• Ensure the security of NCA’s network and telecommunications systems including the completion of network and telecommunications security audits, vulnerability assessments, and protective monitoring analysis
• Provide formal technical security analysis and review of new architecture and application designs
• Act as a point of contact within the NCA IT Security Department to provide advice and assurance on current and emerging ICT security issues; represent the organisation at meetings, seminars and conferences.
• Provide support, guidance and advice to the Security Incident Team regarding the identification and investigation of security breaches relating to ICT systems.
• Degree in Information Technology or Telecommunication related subject.
• Recognised or relevant ICT Security or Information Security qualification e.g. BSc, MSc, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CLAS, GIAC, ISO 27001 etc.
• CCP Senior Accreditor or SIRA or demonstrable experience in a similar discipline.