DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We are looking for a Senior IT Service Manager to join DWP Digital's growing community of experts. Our people work on projects with the potential to improve the way millions of people interact with government every day, on a scale and with a purpose unmatched anywhere else.
We're living in extraordinary times, with unprecedented need for DWP products and services in our communities. So it's never been more important for us to hire people like you, with the expert skills and values we need to power a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of government products and services.
As a Senior Service Manager, You'll join our Technology Services team. We provide the foundations upon which digital services for DWP are developed and operate.
Our purpose is to deliver secure, effective and cost-efficient digital infrastructure services and to run live IT operations in support of DWP business objectives. We do this by putting users and quality of service at the heart of what we do.
Duties. Work. Projects.
As a Senior Voice in our IT Service Management community, you are responsible for setting the vision and strategy for service management.
You'll own Service Management for our Identity and Trust area, driving forward processes, standards and customer satisfaction to help us achieve the "World Class Service" we aspire to.
You'll working close with brilliant product teams and other service management colleagues. You won't just identify, manage and respond to incidents, but also help shape how we continually improve sand mature our services.
You will developing and embed best practices, thinking strategically and using your influencing skills in a highly collaborative environment. We also want someone who cares deeply about the outcomes we deliver for society.
If you're a master of end-to-end service delivery process and have the exemplary stakeholder management skills needed to work across lines and get things done, then this role is perfect for you. Please get in touch.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
* Experience of leadership and working with senior stakeholders to ensure the right capability is in place.
* Experience of implementing the strategy for Service Management across platforms, multiple channels, or a portfolio of products/services.
* You're an experienced Service Manager so you know what this role looks like. You'll undertake duties including reporting, incident management, problem management, service level agreement and operational level agreement management.
* Experience of Service Management in complex, multi-supplier environment including the implementation of Service Management policies and processes (Service Strategy, Service Design and Service Operations).
Where you'll work
You'll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Manchester. Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/manchester
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
Responsible for welfare, pensions and child maintenance policy, DWP transacts around £170 billion in payments each year, operates out of more than 800 locations and has over 84,000 employees. We run one of the most complex IT estates in Western Europe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
Development. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £58,135, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
* Flexible working
* Family friendly policies
* Volunteering and charitable giving
* Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
* Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
* Sports and social activities
* Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and start your application.