We are actively looking for talented Java Developers to work on a large scale tarnsformation programme within our Customs & International Trade Team. The successful candidate will be placed in a mixed-experience team and will be involved in all aspects of Java software development. You will code, unit test, build and deploy solutions within multi-discipline teams and work on a variety of projects from SOA integration using ESBs and related technologies to standalone Java web apps and complex back-end component development. Over time, you will be expected to undertake lead responsibility for the delivery of software components, to provide input into architectural decision making and to assist with technical impacting for future work. Role requirements
The post holder will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that coding, unit and integration test activities are carried out correctly and to recognised standards (test creation, test data creation and test execution). You will be responsible for the governance and continued improvement of these standards.
- Contributing to design activities on the team, attending design workshops and contributing to the production of design specifications. Organise and lead all aspects of design activity within the team, as well as lead formal reviews of code and test scenarios.
- Playing an active part in process improvement. Be actively involved in mentoring and coaching other members of the team, ensuring that improvements are understood and associated development skills identified.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant quality processes and procedures, including completion of all the specified quality records. Act as an escalation point for any related issues and provide prompt updates of problems, issues and risks as well as be involved in the production and validation of man-day impacts.
As well as demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, with a positive 'can do' attitude, the candidate will be experienced in the following:
- · Java (EJB 3.x/Spring)
- · JPA (Hibernate & Eclipselink)
- · XML (xsd creation and xslt transformations)
- · Weblogic (10g/11g/12c)
- · Web Services (SOAP & REST)
- · Spring (ideally MVC and Boot)
- · JMS
- · Working on high-volume/distributed systems
- · The full software development lifecycle
- · Agile / Scrum Projects,
- · Continuous Integration and Deployment methodology and tooling (especially Maven)
- · Oracle database development experience (PL/SQL and schema design)
- · Experience of source control systems (Subversion)
Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Services (RCDTS) was set up in 2015 as a subsidiary of HMRC’s Chief Digital & Information Officer Group and has one of the largest customer bases in the world. This is an exciting time for our organisation as we embark on a bold plan to make HMRC one of the most digitally advanced tax authorities in the world.
RCDTS comprises a team of technology experts working on essential IT projects: tackling tax non-compliance through creating a single case management platform for HMRC, and developing the technology that supports the collection of revenue through borders and trade with other countries.
An excellent opportunity for the right candidate, please apply today