The Senior Learning Expert Partner (LEP) will lead a new strategic team providing advice, guidance and expertise on all aspects of learning and development to all senior Cross-Government Heads of Profession (typically Director-General, or Chief Executive Level). They will be responsible for/expected to deliver:
- Promoting and enabling a culture of learning in the Civil Service – leading the way in new and developmental ways of strengthening capability and learning
- Working with Cross-Government Heads of Profession and Head of Function to conduct learning and capability needs analysis at individual, group and profession level to inform the Professions Capability Growth Plan
- Provide support and challenge to Heads of Profession, Permanent Secretaries and Business Leaders on issues relating to capability development & learning
- Sourcing and developing effective and efficient blended learning solutions that reflect the 70:20:10 learning model
- Promoting consolidation and evaluation of learning at all levels
- Building a new team of Grade 6 level Learning Expert Partners within Civil Service Learning to embed professional, and expert partnering to all professions across government
The post holder will be a key member of the ODD&L Senior Leadership Team for Learning and the wider Civil Service HR Function. They will deputise for the Director as required, and represent the Learning Expert Service at key governance forums including the Performance and Risk Committee.