To provide leadership and management in the provision of a comprehensive HR expert service for the NCA.
• Lead a team of HR professionals to effectively and efficiently deliver a sensitive and complex departmental service.
• Maintain effective relationships across the organisation particularly Legal, Security and Professional Standards to to ensure that all employment tribunals, disciplinary and grievance cases are handled at an appropriate level with due regard to NCA’s liabilities under appropriate legislation. Including overseeing the quality, secure handling and dissemination of data / information, in line with NCA policy.
• Ensure that the NCA’s Inclusion and Diveristy and Equality values underpin all HR activity and that appropriate measures are taken to ensure accurate recording of relevant management information.
• Advise colleagues including the most senior leaders, at both a strategic and tactical level on complex cases ensuring advice is consistent with employment law, the cross government position and the organisation’s strategic objectives.
• Manage resources effectively and ensure financial control of local budgets. Engage with business representatives to ensure optimum service provision and best value.
• Develop networks and capability across the NCA and wider HR professional community. Work with colleagues from across the NCA on policy development and best practice to ensure the organisation is able to deliver its People Strategy.
Roles based in London will receive an additional London Weighting of £3,258. Pay principles on Civil Service transfers apply for current civil servants transferring to the NCA at the equivalent grade.