You will jointly lead a team responsible for a wide range of both statutory and mandatory services in respect of assuring the NCA is compliant with data and information management principles and guidelines, meeting statutory demands particularly in relation to subject access requests and in support of wider criminal process reviews; and driving consistent approaches to data and information compliance.
As such the successful candidate will work in partnership as part of a wider senior management team; will be jointly responsible for team development and performance, manage associated risk and staff management issues; and drive forward engagement between the NCA Chief Data Office and the wider organisation including all operational and intelligence teams.
• Working in partnership to deliver a consistent approach to meeting statutory and wider mandatory demands in respect of data and information management
• Team leadership and management including associated risk and staff welfare management
• Driving innovation to assist in wider culture change in respect of data and information management compliance
• Managing and monitoring performance
As a leader in the NCA you will also:
• Lead your team or work stream effectively, through being flexible and open in thought and action.
• Communicate with transparency, involving your team members in the agency’s transformation journey.
• Role model the agency’s ‘One NCA’ vision.
• Be passionate about diversity and developing people inclusively, strengthening their ability to deliver and enabling them to grow in their roles and careers. You will actively coach and engage people, building their resilience through supporting them in their roles and enabling their wellbeing.
• Be threat led and data-driven in decision making, navigating your team members through ambiguity by making evidence and/or values-based decisions to prioritise strategically. You are proactive and ambitious on efficiencies, finding opportunities to remove duplication and standardising and simplifying where possible. Doing so, you will balance financial and people resources to deliver against changing priorities.