Main Responsibilities will include:
- To lead the strategic management, development and delivery of National Crime Agency (NCA) operational capability and oversee a multifunctional team responsible for the development of tactical and strategic intelligence and/or prevention initiatives, focused on serious and organised crime affecting the UK
- Lead a multi-functional team to quality assure, develop and deliver strategic and tactical intelligence to Agency operations, investigations and prevention initiatives
- Oversee and authorise operations and projects and ensure that all operational activity is prioritised and aligned with strategic objectives, nationally agreed standards, complies with statutory provisions and relevant control strategies
- Lead on the development and delivery of operational support to HUMINT intelligence collection activities nationally and internationally
- Provide advice on legislation, policy, tactical options, risk management and evidential opportunities to assist the planning of investigations and operations
- Identify investigations where HUMINT capabilities have the potential to impact on serious and organised crime and criminals
- Manage organisational change activity and effectively plan and communicate proposed changes with staff and stakeholders
- Oversee the implementation and delivery of performance management data and budgetary controls in support of business/operational planning
- Lead and direct intelligence collection, assessment and dissemination activity to ensure that it is securely handled and appropriately tasked
- As part of the Senior Management Team contribute to the strategic and operational development of the department as directed
- Work cooperatively with staff and colleagues, to promote creativity, high performance and adherence to corporate values. To manage issues relating to the performance and conduct of officers (as appropriate)
- Lead on building effective internal and external partner relations and work collaboratively with stakeholders and external agencies
- Lead, promote and implement Health and Safety measures and ensure risk assessments are conducted effectively in line with Agency policy and safety legislation
The role requires a detailed understanding of law enforcement’s response to serious and organised crime and the ability to deliver at pace in order to place intelligence and evidence, and in particular HUMINT, at the heart of NCA delivery.
You may be expected to work directly or indirectly in tackling child sexual exploitation and abuse. This may involve exposure to child sexual abuse material. You should consider the sensitive nature of the work before deciding to apply.
All officers working on or supporting this type of operational activity will undergo a psychological assessment on taking up the role and at regular intervals once in post. By applying for this role you are confirming that you are willing to work on child sexual exploitation and abuse operations.
To be considered, you will need to successfully complete SC Enhanced clearance before commencing the role and DV clearance within the first 12 months as part of your probation period.
You may also be required to undertake a mandatory pre-employment substance misuse test and achieve a satisfactory result.
If you want to make the UK a safer place, apply today. See the candidate information pack for more detail.
Please provide a statement of suitability relating to the above criteria (a maximum of 250 words per criteria)
Candidates are required to hold the below essential skills:
- Senior Investigating Officer/ lead officer training and experience.
- CPIA trained and experienced.
- CHIS Controller / handler trained / experienced
- Proven experience in effective decision making with accountability for decisions made
- Proven experience of leading and managing a multi-functional team
- Experience of business planning and monitoring performance.
Please provide a statement of suitability relating to the above criteria.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Delivering at Pace
- Making Effective Decisions
- Working Together
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- National Insurance Number - Required for monitoring purposes only