Senior Marketing Executive - Apprenticeships and Work-based Learning
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented teams who make it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we’re always re-examining how people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
About the team
The Apprenticeships and Work-based Marketing team generates creative campaigns to engage teaching professionals with courses and learning services which prepare young people for the world of work. Based in London, we’re an open, friendly team, always open to new ideas and supported by specialists in digital, events, data and research.
About the role
The ideal step for a Marketing professional ready to take more ownership of product campaigns and plans. If this is the job for you, you’ll be able to:
- Work within the overall marketing strategy for BTEC and Apprenticeships to create and implement multi-channel campaigns from target setting, content and messaging to execution, tracking and reporting. Ensure all campaigns are delivered to the highest quality, on time, within budget and meeting campaign KPIs and business objectives.
- Use customer journeys and personas to benchmark and deliver customer experience tailored to the needs of your sector.
- Work with suppliers to commission, track and deliver print and mail items, ensuring all content meets SLAs and quality standards.
- Take responsibility for specific projects or tasks as required by the Marketing Director, Head of Marketing or Marketing Managers as the need arises.
Set targets and measure success
- Set clear targets and goals for each campaign and measure success through weekly and monthly reporting, including budget tracking, to drive continuous improvement.
- Work with Market Research to run customer testing for content and messaging and use results to adjust and optimise campaigns.
Customer and competitor insights
- Draw on research and time spent in the market to gather customer and competitor insights and use this to inform your marketing campaigns.
- Seek out ideas, insights and inspiration from within and outside the education industry to drive creativity and innovation in all aspects of your work.
- Cross-team collaboration and communication
- Act as the marketing voice in your subject team to build strong, collaborative networks with internal teams and colleagues including Sales, Product Management and Teaching Services, ensuring an integrated, go-to-market approach.
Who are we looking for?
If you have demonstrable experience creating and/or managing campaigns and you’re ready for greater ownership of product strategies and plans, this role could be for you. We’re looking for a self-motivated, creative marketing professional with a can-do attitude and a positive outlook who’s interested in education and learning the relevant skills and experience:
- Experience of creating and implementing marketing plans, including budget management and response analysis.
- Experience of B2B marketing techniques including content creation, messaging and copywriting, digital, social media, email and print channels. Previous experience of marketing automation is useful but not essential.
- Behaviours and employability skills
- Team working, networking and internal relationship management.
- Project management, planning and prioritisation skills.
- Self-motivated and “hands-on”, taking the initiative to problem solve and find solutions.
- Show good judgement about when to seek input from managers, escalating problems and potential solutions.
- Working with agencies and external suppliers to deliver on time and on budget.
- Able to work under time pressure.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 28, 2018
Job Unposting: Apr 3, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1802633