Senior Marketing Executive, BTEC
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining how people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
About the team and the role
The BTEC Marketing team generates creative campaigns to engage teaching professionals with courses and learning services which prepare young people for the world of work. Based in Oxford and London, we’re an open, friendly team, always open to new ideas and supported by specialists in digital, events, data and research.
If you have experience of creating and/or managing B2B campaigns and you’re ready for greater ownership of product strategies and plans, this role could be for you. We’re looking for a self-motivated, creative marketing professional with a can-do attitude and a positive outlook who’s interested in education and learning.
If this is the role for you, you'll be able to:
- Work within the overall marketing strategy for Colleges to create and implement multi-channel campaigns from target setting, content and messaging to execution, tracking and reporting. Ensure all campaigns are delivered to the highest quality, on time, within budget and meeting campaign KPIs and business objectives.
- Use customer journeys and personas to benchmark and deliver customer experience tailored to the needs of your sector.
- Work with suppliers to commission, track and deliver print and mail items, ensuring all content meets SLAs and quality standards.
- Take responsibility for specific projects or tasks as required by the Marketing Director, Head of Marketing or Marketing Managers as the need arises.
Set targets and measure success
- Set clear targets and goals for each campaign and measure success through weekly and monthly reporting, including budget tracking, to drive continuous improvement.
- Work with Market Research to run customer testing for content and messaging and use results to adjust and optimise campaigns.
Customer and competitor insights
- Draw on research and time spent in the market to gather customer and competitor insights and use this to inform your marketing campaigns.
- Seek out ideas, insights and inspiration from within and outside the education industry to drive creativity and innovation in all aspects of your work.
Cross-team collaboration and communication
- Act as the marketing voice in your subject team to build strong, collaborative networks with internal teams and colleagues including Sales, Product Management and Teaching Services, ensuring an integrated, go-to-market approach.
Who are we looking for?
- Experience of creating and implementing marketing plans, including budget management and response analysis.
- Experience of B2B marketing techniques including content creation, messaging and copywriting, digital, social media, email and print channels. Previous experience of marketing automation is useful but not essential.
Behaviours and employability skills
- Team working, networking and internal relationship management.
- Project management, planning and prioritisation skills.
- Self-motivated and “hands-on”, taking the initiative to problem solve and find solutions.
- Show good judgement about when to seek input from managers, escalating problems and potential solutions.
- Working with agencies and external suppliers to deliver on time and on budget.
- Able to work under time pressure.
Educated to at least level 3 (A level or BTEC National) or equivalent.
Interest in pursuing professional Marketing qualifications desirable.
Primary Location: GB-GB-Oxford
Work Locations: GB-Oxford-Jordan Hill Halley Court Jordan Hill Oxford OX2 8EJ
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Aug 31, 2018
Job Unposting: Oct 1, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1809260
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.