Senior Marketing Manager, North America Campaigns
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Assistant Director of Campaigns, North America Marketing will be accountable for US marketing campaign strategy and planning, and determining what activities most effectively meet Pearson Online and Blended Learning (POBL) K-12 business objectives within a key set of priority disciplines, and drive demand at scale.
This role serves as one of the marketing leads for the assigned priority, partnering with product, channel, and others to determine supporting disciplines and activities, interfacing with the US Marketing teams to deliver a successful campaign, and holding accountability for campaign strategy, planning and development.
Crucial to the role is the ability work closely with a wide variety of stakeholders to ensure the campaign achieves defined POBL Key Performance Indicators.
- Collaborate with primary marketing lead on shared priority to co-develop high-level strategy and execution plans, to ensure shared vision and consistency across channel plans and campaign activities and events.
- Work with POBL sales and product teams, as well as Pearson North America channel, portfolio management, and field marketing where appropriate to establish a marketing strategy and revenue forecast. Establish measurable goals to track and report desired impact of campaign activities.
- Partner with Campaign Management to develop the marketing budget to support activity tied to strategy and revenue forecast.
- Collaborate with key external associations and media partners to leverage these partnerships in support of marketing and sales strategy.
- Work with Insights, Global Performance Marketing, and OneDotCom teams to consult, inform and shape campaign channel plan and to ensure successful planning and measurement of campaign, gather metrics, report on ROI and results/achievements.
- Provide regular status reports and post-campaign analysis with insightful observations about opportunities to refine and recalibrate existing and future tactics.
- Identifies, inputs, initiates and interrogates need for campaign against core Pearson corporate objectives, keeping in mind market needs.
- Drive engagement with all relevant counterparts at all stages of campaign to ensure campaign meets their needs and is fit for purpose.
- Drive engagement with external partners as needed to successfully plan and execute campaign.
- Ensure relevant business stakeholders are kept informed at each stage of campaign.
- Ensure campaign delivery plans remain on track and on budget. Regularly update sales, field marketing, product, and channel service leaders on the performance of marketing campaign vs. defined goals.
- Set and monitor KPIs by channel and market segment. Continually optimizing campaigns and channels to reach and exceed business goals and revenue opportunities.
- Positively influence customers’ experience with the Pearson brand.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to translate strategies into deliverables.
- 10 years of marketing or education (K-12, ideally) experience; digital marketing skills a plus
- Bachelor's degree.
- Accustomed to working with data and comfortable with multiple analytics programs.
- Strong experience with on campus and event-based marketing, and the ability to use thought leadership and partnerships for audience development.
- Excellent teamwork and collaborative skills and ability to partner with internal sales teams.
- Powerful interpersonal skills and ability to use these to influence outcomes by communicating with persuasiveness and candor with an engaging and energetic personality. Ability to appreciate the diversity of stakeholder interactions and adapt style and approach accordingly.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com’s MarketingCloud and with Pardot, a plus
- Ability to plan, manage, prioritize and successfully complete multiple complex projects simultaneously and in budget, while measuring progress.
- Ability to apply creative thinking and imagination to campaign development, planning and execution as well as an unrelenting focus on the target audience.
- Ability to work under pressure, meets deadlines, remain positive and calm.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-MD-Columbia
Work Locations: US-MD-Columbia-Grantchester Merriweather 10960 Grantchester Way Two Merriweather Columbia 21044
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jan 25, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1800945