Senior Portfolio Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
As a seasoned and efficient member of the Learning Services team, the Senior Portfolio Manager generally works independently with infrequent or frequent supervisor check-ins. This leader will work on complex assignments and fulfills broad responsibilities where required outcomes, methods and procedure require definition. Exerts moderate to considerable latitude for unreviewed action. Confers with supervisor on unusual matters. Communicates with management on status of project timeline, scope, and budget, on a regular basis.
- As a Senior Portfolio Manager, you manage a portfolio of projects and/or internal customers, and engage primarily at the Business Unit and leadership levels but also at the business level, from initial engagement and remain engaged throughout project life cycle.
- You proactively prioritize efforts within a defined customer segmentation or territory based on perceived risk, potential growth, strategic value, and renewal time-frame.
- You manage, with oversight, projects from start to finish and remain engaged throughout the project life cycle.
- You proactively identify and prioritize individual and team efforts based on perceived risk, potential innovation, and strategic value.
- BA/BS (or equivalent) Degree.
- CCXP certification or equivalent.
- PMP certification or equivalent.
- Green Belt Lean Six Sigma certification or equivalent.
- Previous experience with business process automation.
- Working knowledge of Pearson business portfolio, products, offerings, capabilities, and best use.
- High proficiency in wide variety of concepts, practices and procedures of project and program management.
- Knowledge of Pearson competitive landscape and technical ecosystem.
- Excellent discovery, review, and investigation of issues and understanding their severity, setting out a mitigation or recovery plan and escalating as appropriate.
- Proactive identification, management and mitigation of risks.
- Expertise in change management.
- At least ten years of relevant experience (at Pearson or elsewhere), including: business process, program management and/or change management expertise; application functional or IT expertise in combination with exceptional customer management experience at the leadership-level; driving customer relationship and alignment at all levels in order to execute an overall account strategy.
- Effective success managing large, complex, complicated, and politically visible projects.
- Proven interpersonal skills and highly skilled at building key relationships at all levels, but specifically across teams and at senior management levels.
- Working with Managers and Directors across teams.
- Senior member of any team.
- Innovates by documenting new ideas and best practices.
- Strategically drives success initiatives to support and bolster planning and project execution.
- Proficiently delivers presentations to a senior-level audience and aligns presentations to corporate strategies and goals.
- Acts as mentor to other team members.
- Networks with access to the members of USLS leadership teams.
- Deploys expertise and experience dealing with large, complicated, political projects at the most senior levels.
- Manages complex problem-resolution issues with stakeholders and drive issues to satisfactory closer.
- Articulates to applicable strategic frameworks or business strategy.
- Conducts knowledge transfer and enabling teams to become highly proficient.
- Planning, organizing, and coordinating throughout the year and project life cycle, meeting all key project, program, and other milestones.
- Providing high quality oversight and coordination of projects.
- Incorporating a perspective of transformational change in delivery of projects, programs, and other strategic initiatives.
- Communicating in a cross functional and matrix fashion to coordinate the success of delivery.
- Gathering and analyzing financial data sets.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Chandler
Other Locations US-IL-Glenview
Work Locations: US-AZ-Chandler-3075 West Ray 3075 W Ray Rd Park at San Tan Chandler 85226
Job: Project/Programme Management
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 7, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1802049