The Senior Procurement Specialist provides procurement support to Cherry Point Refinery. As the Senior Procurement Specialist (SPP), you will work to ensure the procurement needs of the Technical, Operations, Maintenance, Projects & Turnarounds, and HSSE departments have been met. The SPP is responsible for developing a view of demand and site needs by working closely with the site team and collaborating with the Downstream procurement team to ensure the site plan is up to date and successfully executed. You will also support "break-in" sourcing & contracting which is not captured in the delivery. Finally, the SPP will be responsible for working with colleagues across the Downstream Procurement organization to ensure that local requirements and constraints are properly understood and accounted for in the development and delivery of category strategies.
- Act as the site-based interface to contract owners and requesters on site and to local suppliers, as defined by the SPM, ensuring business customers are satisfied with their Procurement service.
- Work as part of a single Downstream Procurement organization, providing a co-ordinated and aligned interface for business stakeholders.
- Provides specialist Procurement coaching and advice to more junior team members.
Demand & Planning and Strategy
- Manages demand analysis and gathers business needs across spend, including management and planning
- Leads local supplier performance management and compliance program (CAM program) onbehalf of category management team including supplier planning, target setting and holding key meetings
- Manages inputs to regional and/or local business, supplier and demand insight provided to category teams to inform future category and sourcing strategy development
- Work with category teams to ensure timeliness and quality of sourcing and contracting; oversee day to-day interaction with GBS e.g. RfX event management and compliance to local RtP
- Provide support for Warehouse activity as required e.g. receiving of goods and services and maintenance of min/max levels
- Provide break-in support for short wavelength sourcing, contracting and negotiating (as required by category organization, due to business demand and capacity)
TAR, Projects and Emergency Incidents
- Support the TAR manager and TAR Leads as the Primary Procurement Point of Contact managing TAR planning and execution
- Respond to emergency outages and incidents, as required
- A Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business discipline or relevant years of experience required.
- 7 - 10 years relevant experience required
- Skilled Application in
- Sourcing, contracting and contract management
- Tactical procurement
- Supplier management
- Business and demand planning
- Category strategy execution
- Commercial negotiation skills.
- Influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Organisational and project management skills.
- Financial and market analysis skills.