The activities of the team bridge the gap between research and development (Core Technology) and full scale manufacturing and logistics operations, so these teams naturally work together closely as we bring products to market.
As a project Engineer you would cover the following activities:
- Develop new technology innovations from concept through to functional prototypes.
- Develop concept ready technology to produce validated production intent designs.
- Define and execute technical programmes to meet agreed deliverables.
- Act as technical interface to customers and suppliers covering a broad range of project activities.
- Application of automotive industry processes for new technology and product development.
- Leadership of, and participation within, multiple project technical teams.
You should have broad technical expertise, proficiency in project management, experience in product development and good customer relation skills. The role will allow you to build on your proven automotive systems knowledge, and provides an exciting opportunity to work in a start-up environment whilst being embedded within the larger BP business.
You'll need a degree in a relevant engineering discipline
Prior experience within the automotive industry preferably in a product development environment is required.
You'll also need to be able to demonstrate he following skills and experience within an engineering context:
Influencing, engaging and great communication skills
- Strong customer interfacing skills
- Broad knowledge of automotive technology and mechanical design.
- Prior experience of managing complex engineering development projects with a track record of delivery to deadlines and within budget.
- Knowledge and understanding of automotive industry development processes.
- Experience working as an interface role with suppliers and customers
- An analytical approach to decision making.
- Experience of working effectively in teams in as both a contributor and as a leader.
- Track record of developing products from concept through to production within the automotive industry