Senior Project Manager (Publishing)
The Senior Project Manager is Responsible for the commissioning, coordination and management of the production of content for selected core and custom products within the English Courseware Portfolio. They are responsible for ensuring that produced content is of the appropriate quality, and is delivered to agreed schedules and budgets.
- Responsible for managing the production of selected full-service and custom projects within the English Courseware Portfolio.
- Responsible for establishing schedule, managing budget, and ensuring agreed upon project goals, milestones, and quality targets are met.
- Responsible for identifying, engaging and managing vendors for quality compliance, schedule and budget. Includes drafting and sending out Requests for proposals (RFP), and evaluating vendor RFP responses. Provide feedback on performance.
- Supports vendors to ensure successful production and delivery of projects, according to specified objectives around cost, time and quality.
- Responsible for communication across cross-functional teams re the end-to-end workflow related to production of courseware products.
- Helps resolve product development and production bottlenecks by communicating a big picture understanding of interconnecting components for a particular courseware product.
- Assists in flagging areas of improvement in terms of production flow or relationships with vendors and content creators in order to increase efficiency or reduce costs.
- Implements and ensures that standards around format, structure, naming, etc. are met for all produced content.
- Has a good understanding of how Production supports Pearson's larger goals.
- Able to deliver plans according to budget and looks for areas of financial optimization.
- Has a good understanding of how content works in all product categories.
- Has a good working knowledge of the specificities of the English Portfolio.
- Works with other parts of the organisation (e.g. portfolio management and content development teams) to ensure support in attaining output, quality and productivity.
- Supports freelancers and vendors for schedule, budget, quality compliance and provide feedback on performance.
The above list of job duties is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake tasks which are broadly in line with the above description and may reasonably be expected within the scope and grade of the position
Portfolio Managers, Content Developers, Digital Content Producers, Media Producers, Designers
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent.
- Strong project management and organisational skills – analytical thinking, planning and organising.
- Experience of managing and tracking financials where budgets may go over £1 million.
- Experience in managing the production of content, preferably ELT, but not essential.
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity; the ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
- Strong Communication skills – Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Strong team-working skills – Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Ability to build Relationships – Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
Primary Location: GB-GB-Harlow
Other Locations GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-Harlow-Kao Park Kao Park London Rd Harlow CM17 9NA
Organization: Global Product
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 16, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1901922
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.