Senior QA and Contracts Officer (Apprenticeships)
Working with the Academic Affairs team, providing support to the Deputy Vice-Principal (Academic Affairs) to ensure that key quality assurance and regulatory requirements are met, in particular by maintaining and progressing contractual negotiations and documentation for degree apprenticeship programmes, ensuring that evidence packs are available and up to date and developing and encouraging compliance with internal quality assurance mechanisms.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES OF THE JOB:
- Collate and review due diligence documentation for collaborative partners and highlight issues of concern for further investigation
- Prepare and issue contractual documentation for collaborative partners and review contractual documentation prepared by collaborative partners
- Progress contractual negotiations to a successful conclusion, referring issues to line manager or Legal Department where necessary
- In liaison with the Head of Student Information Systems, ensure that apprentices are properly registered on the Apprenticeship Service portal.
- In liaison with employers, academic teams and professional services teams within the College, ensure that the evidence packs for each apprenticeship are complete and up to date
- Liaising with the Finance Department, business development and Student Services teams to ensure that relevant information and contractual requirements are disseminated and systems established for compliance, including reporting and invoicing
- Maintain and develop the quality assurance processes for apprenticeships from design and validation, to delivery and completion
- Ensure that information to apprenticeship applicants and learners is transparent, comprehensive, accessible and accurate and that it complies with best practice and the guidance of the CMA.
- Keep up to date with changes in the regulatory framework, in particular the ESFA Funding Rules, and communicate changes to other teams and propose and implement changes to procedures where required
- Liaise with End Point Assessment Organisations regarding registration of learners and arrangements for End Point Assessments
- Working with other members of the Academic Affairs team on other duties as directed by the Deputy Vice-Principal (Academic Affairs)
- Educated to degree level
- A proven track record in delivering to targets and deadlines
- A working knowledge of ESFA apprenticeship funding rules, quality assurance relating to apprenticeships and the structure of the apprenticeship system in England
- A working knowledge of Higher Education and the UK Quality Code and the current issues and challenges within the sector
- IT experience in a Windows environment
- A proven track record of drafting contractual documentation, policies, statutory returns and reports and/or tender documentation.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to interface with diverse groups of individuals, with confidence and clarity, providing excellent customer service
- Meticulous record keeping
- Ability to summarise and take succinct, clear notes of meetings and discussions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality about sensitive issues
- Works to meet quality standards with a habit of checking own work for accuracy and presentation standards
- Ability to organise own tasks and activities in a systematic way, juggling work priorities to meet deadlines
- Able to use own initiative when required and to escalate where appropriate
- A flexible team player
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-190 High Holborn 190 High Holborn London WC1V 7BH
Job: General Business Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Apr 16, 2018
Job Unposting: May 18, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1805911
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.