Your strong communication skills enable you to convey the benefits, insights, functionality and usability of our solutions. Your deep product knowledge and analysis skills will lead to your significant contribution to growing our proposition internally and externally.
- Provide direct specialized customer service support to analysts, researchers, and quants at the world's largest and most prominent investment firms, banks and hedge funds
- Assist clients in understanding, extracting and correctly using Refinitiv and third party data from a centralized SQL or Oracle database for their back-testing models
- Troubleshoot, research, code scripts, and answer client inquiries on content and database functionality. Work with internal and external parties, including vendors, content specialists, developers and product managers, through to resolution.
- Build and foster relationships with existing clients through training, client meetings, implementation support, case management, and timely assistance in their financial research project and model development needs.
- Improve the customer experience by advocating for and testing new product features and promoting increased product usage into the client’s workflow.
- Meet with Sales and prospective customers, gather product and integration requirements, demonstrate various aspects of the platform, and assist in the onboarding of new business.
- Primary Point of Contract for major accounts where Client leverages the PPOC comfortably for new inquiries and escalation. PPOC intimately knows workflow and individuals at the client account.
- Relationships with Sales and Client equally strong where Senior Product Specialist is the #1 person advising on this account and demonstrates great accountability tracking outstanding cases to efficient resolution. Sales brings in PPOC on new issues and opportunities at the account.
- A Senior requires little to no help in resolving inquiries and escalating correctly to cross-groups. Specialists should be able to answer 75% of phone inquiries while on the call through swift documentation sweeps, example scripts and accrued knowledge.
- They update documentation and communication matrices with any improvements.
- SQL Skill level must meet these requirements:
- Specialists should be comfortable writing SQL with correlated subqueries and date functions.
- Specialists are building custom queries, modifying existing SQL Library queries, and adding more to the library given client work.
- Specialists have a thorough understanding of any schema to write error-free code and contribute to maintaining documentation when they spot an error in the schema.
- Specialists use some tools to improve performance, such as temp tables usage or removing redundant code.
- Consistently meets KPI expectations on Service Pulses and Call and Ticket Reviews.
- Customer Experience for all clients is improved through
- TQA SQL Library submissions
- Significant Hub Post knowledge sharing and answering questions posted to Hub/Chat
- Greater understanding of client usage cases for creating and testing usage cases for JIRAs
- 15 Minute Presentations, Skill Builders and providing training and mentorship to new hire
- Industry Knowledge should encompass strength in equities and competency in fixed income and derivatives. Full competence includes understanding the relationship between data updates and display or adjustment of the data, usage cases, suspect data, and getting up to speed quickly on an underutilized content set.
- Ability to run a meeting with an agenda of your issues with clear accountable results.
- Specialization in at least 2 tracks:
- Dedicated Accounts
- Product/Project Management
- People Manager
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science from a top university in Engineering/Computer Science, Finance, or Mathematics
- Knowledge of, and experience with, analytical tools and databases
- Demonstrate knowledge of databases and Microsoft SQL coding experience
- Experience with equity market and data content with good understanding of general financial markets
- Experience in quantitative analytics / equity research / equity or credit risk or financial modeling
- Familiarity with statistics and working knowledge with the econometrical packages like SPSS / Minitab / Stata / SAS / Matlab / R
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with technical and non-technical personnel via phone, face-to-face, and in writing
- Ability to give effective presentations and provide ad hoc answers
- Curious mindset with excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to travel (< 5%)
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content—all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world−regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.