Senior SITS Analyst and Developer
Responsible for providing business process and technical support and training for staff at Pearson College London who use the student records system (SITS). To be the subject matter expert for SITS within the College, developing expertise across the SITS structure, and in using, documenting and training in relevant reporting tools at the College.
Leading the development of new system processes to enhance the quality of data and processes, develop reports/management information, maintain systems documentation and set up and maintain SITS system data.
Leading and developing the integration to SITS of other systems used by the College; implementing system solutions to improve business processes and operational efficiency in student record management. Identify and assess business needs to offer practical and efficient system development solutions through the use of business analyst techniques and skills.
Demonstrate strategic awareness in prioritising workload and provide operational direction and technical expertise in the ongoing support and continual growth of SITS/eVision functionality.
As a member of staff in Student Services, you may be asked to assist in other areas of the department’s work in order to maintain required levels of service during activities such as Graduation and Enrolment.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES OF THE JOB:
These are the key responsibilities of the job:
- Lead on developing system solutions, mainly SITS/eVision, in collaboration with business users, and using technical skills and best practices; using business analyst skills, such as requirements analysis and mapping of processes, evaluate, develop and suggest change to business processes; ensuring operational efficiency is improved.
- Provide data for the preparation and submission of PCL’s student and statistical returns to external agencies, including but not limited to: HESA student; HEAPES; Unistats; compiling data and verifying its accuracy, and carrying out necessary amendments to data files and system tables arising from the changing requirements of the external agencies.
- To validate the accuracy and completeness of all data on the SITS, advise the Head of Student Services of areas in which training is required or where systems and processing require development to conform with external reporting obligations.
- To provide SITS training and development for new and existing staff through the development of procedural documents and training manuals; support colleagues regarding the use of new parts of the system through providing expert SITS technical knowledge to be able to trouble shoot issues and improve existing functionality.
- To manage, develop and test new developments and functionality within SITS Client and e:Vision to meet business needs and ensure that the user experience is improved and data quality enhanced
- To maintain and manage all system data and processes by:
- maintaining system parameters;
- maintaining base data including UCAS-related data
- setting up and maintaining user roles and access;
- helping to solve users’ problems directly, liaising with Tribal where necessary, and following up
actions with Tribal helpdesk;
- ensuring technical staff are aware of issues and developments requiring their support.
- To lead on SITS integration projects; providing planning information, resource estimations and projections, identifying task dependencies and directing the work of other workers on the project.
- Proactively develop student information services, making recommendations to the relevant Heads of department regarding future improvements to tools and processes; creating standard and ad hoc reports, letters and other documents as required, collaborating closely key stakeholders within Student Services and other appropriate departments.
- Provide data reports for validating partners, senior management, committee meetings and other areas of Pearson PLC, such as Finance as and when required.
- To manage the e:Vision Zendesk application; responding to staff and student help calls within agreed SLAs.
- To participate in committees and working groups as required.
- To manage the provision of data as required under the Freedom of Information Act; to maintain an awareness of GDPR principles in all activities and contribute to the College’s ongoing compliance.
- To undertake other duties from time to time as deemed appropriate by the Head of Student Services.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Knowledge and Qualifications Required
- Good first degree, preferably in a numerate subject
- Experience of the Tribal SITS student record system or equivalent
- Experience of querying and analysing large and complex datasets for communication to a variety of audiences
- Experience of using student records and databases, with experience of using a SITS-based system preferred
- Experience of working in the university sector
- Knowledge of HTML
- Postgraduate qualification
- An interest in higher education policy
- Experience of preparing and submitting statutory data returns to HESA and HEFCE
- Experience of acting as a technical lead on projects
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to analyse complex problems and innovate to find solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to create SRL’s develop reports within SITS
- Database querying experience using SQL or other data querying languages
- Ability to interact effectively with a range of stakeholders including staff at all levels and a wide range of external stakeholders and partners
- Ability to manage a complex workload and effectively prioritise to meet deadlines
- Highly developed analytical skills with ability to evaluate complex issues and provide appropriate recommendations
- Ability to work flexibly under pressure
- Ability to react quickly to change and to find alternative solutions to problems
- Highly motivated with proactive approach
- Project management experience
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-190 High Holborn 190 High Holborn London WC1V 7BH
Job: General Business Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 12, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1914951
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.