Refinitiv Labs Engineering provides a unique opportunity to work for a global company in a team with the culture of a start-up.
You will be responsible for:
- Building spectacular Proof of Concepts (POCs) and products for the global Finance and Risk community
- Analysis, design and implementation of complex software solutions using using customer focused design driven methodologies, delivered via public cloud
- Defining, organising and implementing projects across multiple locations and time zones
- Translating end user needs to requirements using a lightweight agile design led methodology
- Developing and broadening your skills through mentoring and collaboration with experienced professionals
As a member of our diverse London team of data & research scientists, engineers and UX/UI designers you will be part of our global network of like-minded colleagues in our sister labs in Singapore, San Francisco & New York.
Recently the group has worked on Blockchain, AI and big data and specifically graph based risk analysis, turned text into risk signals, created ML predictions of bond prices, and created real time data simulations.
What will you add?
Our team offers a great flexible working environment, values curiosity and supports an open and learning culture for all levels of experience & seniority.
- Building POCs via design led agile development in partnership with customers
- Creating compelling proposals with technologists in partnership with business, driving innovation from conception to production
- Networking in the fintech, big tech and academic community through conferences, meetups and workshops – bringing leading edge techniques and technology into business strategy
- Leading projects by removing obstacles and taking ownership, in order to implement creative solutions
- Building domain expertise in Financial market content and Refinitiv systems.
- Experience in delivering scalable distributed computing with fault tolerance
- Experience producing and rapidly delivering POCs
- Experience building discrete microservices with simple repeatable Cloud native patterns
- Strong experience of cloud infrastructure like Amazon Web Services (AWS) with services and products like EC2, S3, ECS, Docker, Elastic Search and CloudFormation
- Unix environment and Bash scripting
- Understanding of security best practices for Cloud
- Experience with version control systems (Git)
- Experience with SQL (Postgres), NoSQL and/or Big Data (BigQuery)
- Critical thinking, value judgment and common sense over process
- Positive attitude to learning new skills and technologies
- Experience of cryptography such as public key encryption, KMI
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Gitlab CI)
- RESTful API design and implementation and messaging system experience
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and network protocols
- Strong understanding of different database types, with the ability to select the appropriate type per problem category
- Strong understanding of Algorithms and Data Structures
- Open source advocacy and participation
- Confident in communicating complex projects clearly to Senior Management
- Experience in an applicable business field such as Financial Engineering or Electronic Trading
Education/ Certifications: (Specific degrees and/or certifications required or preferred)
- BSc in Computer Sciences or Computer Engineering desirable.
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content—all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world−regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.