At the NCA we put our people first, providing opportunities for you to grow and succeed as individuals and working together as part of a team. We’ll look to you to be actively involved in our professional communities and champion learning. We are looking for experienced leaders who inspire and encourage others and are ready to make their mark on achieving our ambition of putting data exploitation at the heart of our fight against serious and organised crime.
Senior Software Engineers lead on the design and development of NDEC (National Data Exploitation Capability) tools and systems, supporting operational teams with new tools, and new ways of working with data.
The NCA’s mission is to protect the public and to lead the UK’s fight against serious and organised crime (SOC). By joining us in NDEC, you are not only joining a key component of the NCA’s Operations - Intelligence Command, but are also joining part of the UK’s national security capabilities focused on tackling the greatest threats to the UK population and interests through the use of data exploitation and data science. This is an area that has grown significantly in recent years and will continue to grow as we adapt and respond to the ever-increasing expansion of technology and data in our personal and commercial lives.
NDEC are, and will be, at the heart of this response and you will be joining a team of dedicated and diverse professionals who are all committed to making NDEC and the NCA a success.
• Team-Leadership: Lead multi-functional teams to develop and deliver strategic and tactical data analytical solutions to operational challenges. Working closely with other data leads to quality assure, advise and ensure enterprise wide standards and contribute to strategies or ways of working, where appropriate.
• Programming and build: Lead on the design, code, test and document programs or scripts, using the right standards and tools to ensure quality team delivery.
• Data service delivery: Lead the delivery of data services that are automated, reliable, and secure; designing automation in data including writing ETL scripts and code.
• Quality Assurance: Ensure the quality of software, and dissemination of data/information, whilst ensuring confidentiality and sensitivity in line with NCA policy and enterprise governance standards.
• Coaching: Manage/coach staff and develop staff in programming and coding techniques.
• Communication: Build working relationships with colleagues across the NCA’s technical community to develop skills and cross-functional working.
• Collaboration: Share and disseminate knowledge and findings across the broader technical and NCA community as appropriate.