The Senior Software Engineer is responsible to the Software Team Lead for executing allocated Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
This position can offer you:
- Challenging tasks in a company with some of the most innovative cyber security technology and services
- Integration into an international network of cyber security experts across and outside of Europe
- Participation in Europe-wide projects as prime supplier
- Exciting development opportunities and perspectives within Airbus as a global player
- An attractive company pension scheme
- Airbus Group success share scheme
- An extensive range of additional benefits, such as car options, travel insurance for the whole family, child care vouchers, etc.
- Flexible working hours
Tasks & accountabilities
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified customer requirements, by analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown
- Preparing software architectural and detailed design UML Models and documentation
- Generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design
- Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists)
- Integration of software onto the target platform
- Providing software technical support
- Supporting the company software process and procedure updates
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Must have extensive experience of software development and be familiar with a number of software development methodologies.
- Able to carry out development tasks of up to six months duration with very limited supervision.
- Must have experience of software systems design & implementation for networking communications in a commercial and/or military environment
- Must have experience of stakeholder engagement (e.g. for requirements analysis, design trade-offs, third party certification/accreditation etc.)
- Must be familiar with process driven software development
- Must have existing UK SC security clearance, or be capable of attaining UK SC clearance
This role is based at Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, with occasional requirements for business travel within the UK and abroad
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you