If you like a challenge and enjoy a varied workday, you’ll feel at home here. At the NCA we put our people first, providing opportunities for you to grow and succeed as individuals and working together as part of a team. We’ll look to you to be actively involved in our professional communities and champion learning. We are looking for experienced leaders who inspire and encourage others and are ready to make their mark on achieving our ambition of putting data exploitation at the heart of our fight against serious and organised crime.
Senior Development Operations (DevOps) Engineers design, build and develop and quality assure the secure, stable and reliable operation of NDEC (National Data Exploitation Capability) systems, supporting DevOps teams with expert knowledge and practices.
The NCA’s mission is to protect the public and to lead the UK’s fight against serious and organised crime (SOC). By joining us in NDEC, you are not only joining a key component of the NCA’s Operations - Intelligence Command, but are also joining part of the UK’s national security capabilities focused on tackling the greatest threats to the UK population and interests through the use of data exploitation and data science. This is an area that has grown significantly in recent years and will continue to grow as we adapt and respond to the ever-increasing expansion of technology and data in our personal and commercial lives.
NDEC are, and will be, at the heart of this response and you will be joining a team of dedicated and diverse professionals who are all committed to making NDEC and the NCA a success.
• Team-leadership: Lead multi-functional teams to develop and deliver strategic and tactical data analytical solutions to operational challenges. Working closely with other data leads to quality assure, advise and ensure enterprise wide standards and contribute to strategies or ways of working, where appropriate.
• Technical Requirements Handling: Identify and manage data requirements to create a usable data product for departmental and wider NCA teams.
• Data Handling: Lead the design and optimisation of data services and DevSecOps best practice for the NCA’s Business Intelligence systems.
• Data Manipulation: Lead and quality assure data exploitation services and provide support to intelligence-led enforcement activity.
• Solution Management: Lead the development of robust and innovative solutions to technical challenges.
• Strategic Thinking: Hold a strategic view of DevOps strategies, software products and components to inform departmental decision-making.
• Quality Assurance: Ensure the quality, secure handling and dissemination of software products, whilst ensuring confidentiality and sensitivity in line with NCA policy.
• Coaching: Provide guidance and support to the technical team members, helping them scope solutions and pursue new ways of working with data and tools.
• Communication: Build working relationships with colleagues across the NCA’s technical community to develop skills and cross-functional working.
• Collaboration: Share and disseminate knowledge and findings across the broader technical and NCA community as appropriate.