Senior Solution Architect - Contact/Call Center Technologies
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
AContact Center Solution Architectis responsible for owning in the design/architecture, implementation, and support of enterprise-level call center technology deployments globally.Contact Center Architectmust work well under pressure, be team-oriented, and have strong analytical, verbal and written skills, as well as provide the capability to think outside the box to meet requirements.Contact Center Architectwill work on the front lines to design, develop, test, and implement custom applications for customers, as well as be a part of a team that’s focused on innovating and improving contact center solutions for Pearson.
SCOPE AND IMPACT OF JOB
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Architect, maintain, administer, maintenance and enhancements to the Serenova CxEngage contact center platform and related applications
- Provide Level 3 end-user support for the Serenova CxEngage contact center platform and related applications
- Liaise with other Pearson teams, contact center platform suppliers and other relevant 3rd parties.
- Proactively monitor performance and capacity, and initiate corrective action.
- Actively participate in the project lifecycle to ensure that operational support requirements (for example, monitoring and alarms) are included in the project requirements and designed into the solution.
- Act as a recipient and gatekeeper for changes to the Production environment; review test exit reports and operational support documentation.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have experience of Telecommunications, contact routing (ACD), IVR, VIVR, CTI and Salesforce.
- Must have a strong understanding of how contact center applications interact with other applications on the back-end to perform an end-to-end service.
- Must be able to capture information and understand how modification in one area of the environment impact processes in other areas of the environment.
- Must have complex problem-solving and analytical skills
- Must have concern for accuracy
- Must have written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be detail-oriented
- Must have the ability to take initiative and be proactive
- Must have the ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Must have the ability to work as part of a skill team and project team
- Must be Flexible and adaptable
- Must have the ability to present complex information in a clear, concise manner
- Should have a bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication/Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Must have computer Technology or equivalent professional technical experience
- Must have at least two years’ experience implementing or supporting complex software applications in enterprise customer environments.
- Must maintain integrity of all confidential information.
- Must work flexible hours and participate in on-call rotations as necessary to support business requirements
- Should have a good working knowledge of Windows server operating systems and technologies such as domains, Active Directory, Gmail .
- Should have a good working knowledge of Linux.
- Should have knowledge of Object Oriented design principles and modern 3rd Generation Language
- Should have an understanding of data center technologies.
- Should have Knowledge of SQL Server, SIP, Avaya, Nortel or Genesys, Telecommunications, Server Hardware and/or Database platforms.
- Should have knowledge of TCP/IP-based networking including routers, switches, network topologies, etc.
- Should have knowledge of HTML and Java
- Should have experience with C\#, JS, ASP.NET, Python, Ruby
- Should have experience with Salesforce.com and softphone API’s to create an integrated agent desktop experience
- Should have experience with Customer Relationship Management systems
- Should have experience with reporting and analytics utilizing report generation applications such as Business Objects
- Must work closely with Platform Management, Design, Implementation, and others to understand product requirements.
- Must collaborate with project teams, as necessary, in order to ensure successful delivery of applications
- Must communicate project status to customers and distribute project status reports as needed
- Must provide both technical and user training to the customers as needed.
- Must implement, and own both new and existing functionality as a hands-on developer.
- Must have an agile, iterative approach to application development, rapidly showing progress and being able to adapt to continual feedback and refinement of requirements.
- Must create technical specifications and design documents to use as a baseline for development and operational support
- Must maintain source control of technical specifications/interaction flows
- Must work with peers in operational support and design teams to develop and implement globally reusable solutions, call flows and specifications for product testing.
- Technical knowledge, understanding, and experience of assigned competency in the Serenova CxEngage or Genesys is helpful.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-NC-Morrisville
Other Locations US-CO-Centennial, US-NJ-Hoboken
Work Locations: US-NC-Morrisville-2250 Perimeter Park 2250 Perimeter Park Drive Suite 140 Morrisville 27560
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 26, 2017
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1709347