Senior Technical Project Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Senior Technical Product Manager will be a critical part of a small team focused on ensuring clear and concise communication of all of the details necessary to implement and maintain the operation of industry-leading products.You will be the main product representative for your development/operational teams and will handle all day to day interactions with developers, testers, project managers, and product managers. You will have an affinity for technical topics and an interest in developing and maintaining services that meet a wide array of complex user needs and business logic.The successful candidate for this position will be an individual who has demonstrated experience working with business and technology stakeholders to understand, document and manage their requirements and operation of software applications. You are a self-starter, a strong communicator and are able to quickly establish a trusted relationship with cross-functional team members. You thrive on investigating complicated requirements with unknown dependencies and finding order within chaos. You are a go-getter with a desire to work hard. Creativity and strong communication skills are a MUST!Typical projects will consist of working with technical engineers to plan, build, and release applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Forming and leading an effective technology project team ensuring all necessary technical groups are represented on the team.
- Create, manage and report on the financial progress of the projects.
- Manage forecasted project cost to the scope of the project.
- Estimate and report on labor for project teams.
- Use tools and technology to make data driven decisions around projects and processes.
- Providing leadership to ensure the timely execution and delivery of the activities contained in the project plan and schedule.
- Providing quality assurance for products including reviewing infrastructure as code requirements and ensuring the systems are tested as designed.
- Work closely with Infrastructure and Operations management team to provide leadership in delivering business commitments and meeting customer expectations.
- Pursue continuous improvements to achieve project objective and quality.
- Representing Pearson and the Infrastructure and Operations team in a professional, courteous and helpful manner when interfacing with internal customers.
- Providing input into project proposal, planning the project, resource hours, and developing the project plan and schedule.
- Reviewing and negotiating internal and external customer requirements and recommending best practices for existing Pearson offerings.
- Identifying, documenting, negotiating, and managing scope change and costs within technology projects.
- Determine project resource requirements and negotiating with product managers for project resource commitments to meet those requirements.
- Ensuring the appropriate application of appropriate standards.
- Using business and technical expertise to analyze design alternatives to meet project requirements.
- Interfacing with managers and other development groups in Pearson to create efficient product deployment and implementation strategies.
- Plan and manage efforts of a matrix team of resources.
- Lead work efforts with internal customers to analyze current business processes, identify opportunities for improvements through technology and prepare detailed “future state” business process maps and related documentation.
- Provide outstanding internal and external customer services.
- Employ diplomacy and problem resolution techniques to solve customer and internal issues.
- Ensure effective communication between stakeholders.
- Facilitate meetings and reviews.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. MBA or advanced degree preferred. PMP certification desired.
- Focus on Business Analytics and Cost Management preferred.
- Amazon Web Services Solutions Architect Certification is recommended.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in technical project management, or IT/Development/Infrastructure experience with lead or manager responsibilities preferred. Experience in systems design / development is also desired.
- Ability to understand, analyze, and communicate technical designs, project issues, and project status is required.
- Experience supporting customer facing, high-volume, mission critical applications strongly preferred.
- Working in a high pressure environment where priorities often change and need to be addressed rapidly.
- Supporting releases from an agile development team while maintaining production services.
- Solutions design and implementation with production operational support
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-IA-Iowa City
Other Locations US-TX-Austin, United Kingdom, US-TX-San Antonio
Work Locations: US-IA-Iowa City-2510 North Dodge 2510 North Dodge Street Iowa City 52245
Job: Project/Programme Management
Organization: Assessments School
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Aug 9, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1811475
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled