The role of the Senior Technical Support Technologist - Performance Testing, is to support the integrity of the product line by providing performance testing data and insights for new or modified product formulas, and customer specific business opportunities. This role contributes to both the Regional Technology Deployment and Global Product Development teams by communicating best practices and supporting product performance, process improvements and resolution of customer and manufacturing issues.
- Manage and protect the Intellectual Property of our formulations, products and testing protocols.
- Actively engage and embrace the safety and operational integrity performance of the Americas Technology Team; its compliance with both Group and Lubricants standards (for example Laboratory Safety Standards and OMS)
- Produce performance testing data and insights to support product performance claims and business development opportunities
- Ensure close collaboration with the Regional Formulation Support Team, Product & Market Support Team, Global Product Development, as well as the Sales and Marketing teams
- Collaborate with all Americas teams to develop excellent relationships with key third parties including key customers and suppliers. Foster a culture of customer focus and of active industry participation to benefit the Technology agenda for GLT
- Work with the line manager to control the Americas technology operating budgets in line with the agreed targets set by the business
- Maintain data in approved system to support business development, product modification and product development activities
Degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Engineering or related technical discipline
- This position requires specific knowledge and experience in CNC machining operations and familiarity with typical lubricant performance testing equipment as well as demonstrated technical experience in the field of performance testing in the industrial market.
- The incumbent must be familiar with the regional products, formulations and applications
- The position requires strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
- The incumbent must be creative with the ability to think conceptually and work with general guidance from management.
- The incumbent must have a good command of English