Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Services (RCDTS) was set up in 2015 as a subsidiary of HMRC`s Chief Digital & Information Officer Group and has one of the largest customer bases in the world.
The Government and HMRC Digital Strategies define how HMRC will deliver its Digital Services. The Multi-channel Digital Tax Platform (MDTP), the cloud provided infrastructure platform which hosts the new HMRC Digital Services is a key enabler and integral to achieving this ambition.
This role is within Digital Operations, which is part of RCDTS. We use modern technologies and agile practices to adapt quickly to changing demands, while also aiming to provide this Platform as a Service at the most efficient cost for Government. Remaining flexible and responsively scaling our offering is a fundamental part of keeping the Tax Platform affordable for the public.
Over the last 18 months we have undertaken a major programme of migrating legacy applications ‘as is’ to MDTP. This role is for a Senior QA to work in the Service team developing and supporting these applications.Description
A key member of the delivery team, leading the QA effort and collaborating with all members throughout the full delivery lifecycle to ensure collective delivery of highest-quality software products. At HMRC, we follow a test-first methodology, and our testers work closely with our business analysts and developers, right from the requirements gathering stage. You'll be around to ask the awkward questions and try the scenarios that analysts or developers don't dream up. You’ll need to test a product’s suitability for going into production using the right tools for the job, be that automation, exploratory, performance, or integration testing.Responsibilities
- Lead the QA effort in assuring the quality of deliverables on projects through consultation, analysis and verification
- Produce test assets, plans and test cases for multiple projects, where applicable using the BDD framework
- Conduct manual/exploratory testing
- Perform Functional, Integration, System and Performance testing
- Create and manage automated functional testing scripts
- Communicate with Analysts, Developers and clients to gain functional and technical knowledge
- Use iterative and agile practices (including pairing and tester code reviews)
- Log and report quantitative and qualitative test results and their impact on the product quality and your recommendations
- Experience creating and managing automated functional testing scripts
- Experience testing multi-tier web-based applications and APIs
- Experience developing test strategies, test plans and test cases
- Experience of working in an agile software development environment
- Experience in collaborating and communicating with all members of an agile team, including Product Owners
- Experience in BDD and in capturing test requirements using this framework
- Experience performing non-functional tests such as performance, security
- Demonstrable experience in open source test automation frameworks (such as selenium)
Applicants will be required to take a technical test against the Essential Criteria.