We’re on the search for a talented Senior User Experience Researcher to focus on creating empathy from user’s perspective by providing understanding of users’ needs through surfacing insights about users’ behaviors. You’ll influence and educate stakeholders and the wider team on the user centred design process and the merits of investing in user research and its impact on the user experience.
Your research will help us create useful, usable, and delightful new products and features for people as well as continually innovating on our existing digital products and services. You will inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations on your findings.
Details are critical to quality - the UX team iterate on complex interactions and flows - bringing stakeholders on the journey - ensuring customer needs are at the heart of decision making.
What you'll do:
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary and diverse Digital team to generate new and useful insight about user behavior from existing data and information gleaned from customer feedback and analytics.
- Lead, plan, design and conduct research activities to meet the needs of business goals and research requirements.
- Manage the end to end usability testing process from planning, recruitment through to delivery of insights to stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate research findings and insights with team, senior stakeholders and directors so that they share a deep understanding of users’ needs and appreciate the design thinking process.
- Create a variety of outputs and deliverables from presentations, reports, and visualisations to advocate and communicate research findings.
- Conduct service level evaluations in order to understand the end to end user journey across all touch points to innovate and inform design strategy.
What you'll need:
- You will significant experience within the user experience field and bring with you solid experience of UX / Design research delivery gained with in a consultancy, agency or in-house environment.
- You will be degree qualified in psychology, behavioural sciences, Human Factors, HCI/Computer Science or other related UX / UCD / Service design fields or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrable experience of conducting a wide range of user research methods from ethnographic studies, stake holder interviews, running co-design workshops through to moderated and unmoderated usability testing sessions.
- Experience of analysing and leveraging quantitative data to inform design decisions and flag areas for further research.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of accessibility, with an eye for design and a flair for presenting research findings visually will be the icing on the cake.
If you’re as ambitious as we are, we’d love to hear from you
Our aim is to nurture a skilled, diverse and committed workforce where every individual regardless of background can share our purpose, reach their potential and be rewarded appropriately for their contribution to our success. We’re also happy to talk flexible working with you.
Salary: £36,500 - £55,500 per annum depending on experience, plus amazing benefits
Duration: 6 months FTC
Please note, if successful you will be subject to a satisfactory credit and criminal records check as part of our recruitment process.