Senior Visual Designer
At Pearson, we have a once in a generation opportunity to transform teaching & learning to prepare people for achanging economy. The educational ecosystem is changing at a ferocious pace. Our company is changing rapidly. Weno longer have the luxury of waiting to see how the market will change; we need to operate differently. Learnerstoday are preparing to enter a world of work in which the skills required for employment are rapidly changing.
Pearson is seeking a superstar Senior Visual Designer (VisD) to join our growing global UX team. We are charged with designing next generation digital learning experiences for students and teachers. In this role, you will use your strong problem-solving and interaction design skills to collaboratively create the UI components for Pearson’s global digital product line.
We’re looking for someone who wants to use design to change the face of education; someone who can innovate and translate high-level visions into compelling digital experiences. If you have a love of learning, teaching, and digital design, then this is a dream opportunity to join a company with a seriously innovative vision for the future of education. If you are a creative thinker and team player with experience delivering world-class look and feel for both browser based and mobile user experiences, we want you.
High Level Responsibilities
- Define the user experience of our digital products and online applications by developing user interface wireframes, page flow/task flow designs, navigation and information architecture that engage and delight the end user
- Collaborate with user researchers to validate and test your ideas
- Work with UX designers, prototypers, product managers and engineers to deliver compelling designs to market that achieves user goals and enhance learning and teaching
- Successfully present your designs to a cross-functional product team to elicit constructive feedback and actively participate in others’ design reviews
- Create user experience documentation to provide guidance to software development teams and oversee the implementation of your proposals
- Rationalise and articulate feedback arising from user testing, to explain and contextualise the implied design decisions for product owners, stakeholders and peers
- Contribute to the corporate UX design standards and framework
- Understands the Business of Pearson -Can translate specific market opportunity or customer needs and expectations into product design projects. Has a good understanding of financial opportunities associated with design projects of varying scale, and ensures that UX design teams work within parameters of budget and cost relative to market potential.
- Efficacy -Ensures, with minimal guidance, that products design allows for embedding of efficacy requirements. Creates, either directly or through teams, learner experiences which are enhanced by efficacy capability. Leverages efficacy and user data from other Pearson products to strengthen product experience and capability for learners and educators.
- Collaboration -Member of cross-functional product design and development teams. Can be considered a subject matter expert to the team on matters of effective user experience. Leverages inputs and data from other stakeholders to create an engaging and product appropriate user experience, in accordance with market need and does so with minimal guidance. Responsible to Product Category leaders in designing complex products according to spec, ensuring the appropriate consistency in the Pearson user experience across products.
- Learner-Obsessed -Contributes to the design of specific Pearson products with learner needs in mind. Leverages data from market research, Segment leaders and other stakeholders to understand learner desires; embeds these inputs into product user experience design directly with minimal guidance.
- Digital Change Maker -Incorporates cutting-edge digital capability into Pearson product offerings. Provides support and guidance in user design conception and execution of specific products, to maximize the digital user experience and create appropriate consistency across Pearson products with minimal guidance. Serves as a digital UX subject matter expert to product development and build teams, to ensure the intended digital experience is achieved through the Pearson products before release to the market.
The Interaction Designer will deliver some or all of the following, as required by the project:
- Conceptual designs
- Workflow diagrams
- User interface language
- High fidelity prototypes
- Functional Specifications
- Design presentations
- Design patterns to establish commonality across our digital products
- 7 years experience creating user interfaces and interaction designs in a technology-centered company
- BS/BA or Associates degree in graphic design, user interface design or equivalent
- Comprehensive knowledge of common design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Balsamiq and OmniGraffle
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Positive and imaginative approach to problem solving
- Multi-tasking across multiple projects in an Agile software development process
- Experience applyinguser-centered research, accessibility, and globalization concepts to the design process
- Demonstrated ability to work in a large, complex, and distributed organization
- A portfolio of design examples that demonstrates versatility, creativity, and innovation
Additional Valuable Qualifications
- Experience in the educational field
- Experience using JIRA
- Experience with Web Accessibility and Section 508
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-CO-Centennial
Work Locations: US-CO-Centennial-2154 East Commons 2154 East Commons Avenue Centennial 80122
Organization: Global Product
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 27, 2017
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1717402