As a Senior Warranty Officer your main responsibilities will include:
- To manage/lead a team of Warranty Officers
- To maintain relationships with key partners including the Home Office, IPCO and NTAC
- To support the implementation of the investigatory powers act (IPA0) through representing the NCA at meetings and undertaking planning activity.
- Manage and lead on the development, research and analysis of intelligence in support of the National Crime Agency’s Annual Plan, National Control Strategy and other identified priorities in the fight to cut serious and organised crime.
- Lead on the cross-source data exploitation, analysis, delivery and dissemination of Intelligence products relating to serious and organised crime, in support of operational, tactical and strategic objectives, through interaction with other NCA departments and teams, and also with external partners.
- Interact with customers and providers of intelligence through verbal and written briefings, ensuring thorough understanding of intelligence requirements and effective communication of these to analytic teams and/or other stakeholders.
- Manage and coordinate the workload of Intelligence Officers and other Intelligence staff, authorising work requests in order to ensure that resources are directed in the most appropriate and effective way to support priorities.
- Identify, prioritise and manage risk in accordance with legislation, policy and standard operating procedures.
To be considered, you will need to successfully complete SC clearance before commencing the role and DV clearance within the first 12 months as part of your probation period.
You may also be required to undertake a mandatory pre-employment substance misuse test and achieve a satisfactory result.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of relevant legislation (e.g CPIA, IPA) and its impact on the role and agency activity, risk management skills and experience of assessing information, conducting analysis and presenting results.
- This is a designated post open to UK Nationals only.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Working Together
- Making Effective Decisions
- Delivering at Pace
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- National Insurance Number - Required for monitoring purposes only
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. CPIA, IPA) and its impact on the role and Agency activity
- Risk management
- Experience of assessing information, conducting analysis and presenting results