Senior Web Content Specialist
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Primarily, you will be responsible for marketing one of Pearson’s fastest-growing products, PTE Academic with double-digit growth set to continue. The Web Content specialist will support the marketing manager in the promotion of PTE Academic on a wide variety of marketing tasks.
The Web Content Specialist is an integral part of the team responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of projects and support tactical marketing approaches.
Other tasks will include:
- Create engaging and authoritative content for our B2B and B2C audiences (email, ad copy, blog posts, social media posts, event updates, video and so on). Identifying and understanding the most relevant stories in local markets;
- Ensure SEO best practice is followed by running regular content audits. Developing Keyword research and assisting in other SEO-related tasks;
- Design and implement outreach strategies to secure backlinks to our content and increase the domain authority;
- Managing the day-to-day delivery and publishing of social media content able to work with different teams in producing effective content;
- Encourage and manage the contribution of user-generated content across channels;
- Creation of marketing collateral to support sales with agreed time frames and budget;
- Supporting email marketing strategy to drive engagement across B2B and B2C audiences: writing newsletters, template amendments & managing calendar.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of our Global Marketing Strategy;
- Build positive and effective relationships across all levels of the business. Collaborating with international teams to help achieve optimal outcomes;
- Track, measure and report on the performance of marketing activities;
- Manage agency partners to ensure tactics are delivered against pre-established objectives and time;
- Supplier management and some administrative tasks;
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
- 3 years of experience with Search Engine Optimisation (SEO);
- Excellent English writing and research skills. Ensuring the production of high quality, original and unique content
- Experience working with CMS platforms such as WordPress;
- Experience in managing and interacting with social media communities. A social media native who understands the nuances between all social media channels;
- Demonstrate experience with Keyword Planner, Google Webmaster tool, Moz and/or similar tools;
- Ability to apply analytics to drive and deliver results and insights. Knowledge of tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Hootsuite etc;
- Solid Microsoft Excel experience;
- Demonstrable experience and success across email marketing campaigns (preferably using Marketing cloud or similar platform);
- Ability to manage time effectively and deliver work to agreed timescales;
- Ability to work effectively across departments and meet tight deadlines;
- Highly collaborative and a team player
- Preferable: Experience with HTML – basic level;
- Preferable: experience with the Higher Education Sector
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Organization: Global Product
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Oct 25, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1913814
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.