The Service Architect role reports to the Heads of Service Architecture. You will be an experienced practitioner who understands best practice and can deliver this in accordance with the agreed strategic direction.
· Record, document and maintain the Service Portfolio from a technical service perspective using appropriate tools and methodologies.
· Contribute to defining and shaping the Applications Architecture Roadmap and through the identification of best practice drive consolidation, simplification, remediation and transformation in accordance with the agreed approach.
· Assist to define and deliver the Strategic Architectural Framework and principles to ensure integrity across all systems and applications.
· Collaboration with Service Governance, IT Security and relevant Service Providers to ensure commercially aligned Application Architecture guidance is prescribed to Service Providers and project teams to deliver solutions that meet necessary controls and accreditations.
· Maintain technical assurance over all stages of software development, certifying that systems are designed and managed across the full lifecycle in compliance with data policies.
· Identify, test and champion the adoption of emerging technologies, the creation of optimal designs in alignment to user needs and Agency objectives and to ensure a modern-standards approach throughout automation and testing of Service Provider deliverables.
· Comprehension of historical context to assess future impacts and explore broader opportunities to optimise value delivery.
· Participation in Business Change and SIAM Ecosystem forums to ensure that proposals, 9 Vacancy description projects and changes are directed in compliance and adhere to agreed principles, standards, policies and contractual obligations.
· Effectively managing and communicating with complex stakeholder groups, solidifying the vision for products, appropriately identifying requirements and dependencies.
· Maintain the community of practice for this role within Digital Technology Services and the SIAM Ecosystem, building capability and excellence whilst championing this across government and in industry.
· Contribute to the successful operation and continuous improvement of the service, ensuring processes are owned and maturing.
· Support the Heads of Service Architecture as required and other tasks commensurate with the post.
· The ability to inspire and influence others with integrity and trust; allowing you to contribute to a team by generating enthusiasm and confidence among others.
· Ability to build and maintain positive business relationships with a wide range of people.
· A self-motivated and proactive thinker with complementary business skills and demonstrable commercial acumen.
· A confident, credible and influential communicator with internal and external stakeholders.
· Possesses a deep technological understanding with which to critique service and solution designs, architectures and products.
· A background in Software Engineering and technical leadership. 10 Vacancy description
· Capable of visualising, articulating and solving complex scenarios; making disciplined decisions based on available information and evidence.
· Able to take a strategic view and maintain sight of the bigger picture.
· Able to move from analysis to synthesis and/or design intent.
· A logical and creative approach to problem solving with an ability to identify critical issues with ease.
· Bridges the gap between the technical and nontechnical by translating technical concepts so that they are understood by all.
Skills and Knowledge
· The ability to oversee the Enterprise Application Architecture for the Agency through a strong understanding of the bigger picture and of the wider implications of each decision.
· Proficient in technical and service documentation for application and integration design incorporating use of appropriate tooling and methodology, such as BiZZdesign and HoriZZon, ArchiMate and UML.
· The ability to work with business and technology stakeholders to translate business problems into technical and service designs through the use of language appropriate to the audience.
· Capable of steering, making and justifying effective decisions with clarity.
· The ability to understand and resolve technical service disputes across varying levels of complexity and risk.
· Capable of producing strategy for technology that meets business needs. Able to create, refine and challenge patterns, standards, policies, roadmaps and vision statements.
· Technological understanding to critique service and solution designs, architectures and products. 11 Vacancy description
· Delivers innovation through creativity to ensure solutions and services dovetail seamlessly into the long-term strategic view and maximise value.
· Collaborative responsibility for maintenance of the Service Portfolio, providing validation, governance and direction to the SIAM Ecosystem for the Agency.
· Understanding of current ITIL Service Management practices and methodologies, including the application of Service Level and KPI management, monitoring and reporting.
· Able to take a continuous approach to planning, forecasting, estimating, managing uncertainty, contingency planning and roadmapping.
· Clarifies mutual needs and commitments between Service Providers and the Agency through consultation and impact assessment.
· Understands the different commercial phases of delivery and decommissioning. Is able to steer a product or process successfully from inception through to service.
· Retains a holistic oversight on the end-to-end service lifecycle, ensures that a set of IT products and Service Providers come together to deliver a cohesive IT service.
· Experience of risk management and mitigation strategies.