Government Shared Services works across Government to define, implement and realise the Shared Services Strategy. This is a significant role requiring the successful postholder to demonstrate leadership, strong stakeholder management and communication skills.
You will join the senior leadership team of the Delivery Directorate, responsible for working with clusters and their senior leadership to ensure they are aligned to the Shared Services Strategy, capable and well governed, performing strongly and working effectively to deliver the strategy’s objectives.
- Supporting and working with cluster’s leadership teams, and particularly SROs and programme directors, to develop and execute their plans and form governance structures for the executive management of their shared service centre.
- Advising the Delivery Director, GBS leadership and Ministers on strategy implementation, challenges and opportunities to successful execution including on integration within clusters and interoperability across government.
- Establishing strong relationships with functional leaders to secure greater standardisation and harmonisation across government in line with functional standards.
- Working with the wider transformation programme workstream leads to ensure there is a joined up approach across government, communicating and supporting delivery against the workstreams and technical requirements by the cluster.
- Work closely with the GBS Head of Programmes and Assurance, and your peers in both GBS and across government to ensure a coherent and consistent approach to strategy implementation while using your judgement and nous to agree sufficient flexibility recognising the specific opportunities and challenges faced by each cluster.
- The post holder will need to demonstrate personal accountability and delivery, alongside the ability to influence others to deliver.
- It is expected that you will be an active member of the GBS senior leadership team, you will embed a culture of inclusion and equal opportunity for all, where the diversity of individuals’ backgrounds and experiences are valued and respected.
- Leading a team managing quality and performance across government and implementing Net Promoter Score to measure end user satisfaction.
Experience of leading complex shared service transformation and change projects and programmes
Comprehensive understanding of the business processes related to back office operations including finance, human resources, procurement, payroll and security.
Strong project and programme management (PPM) experience and knowledge
Very strong commercial experience, having built requirements for new services, procured, evaluated, engaged and onboarded third party services in a back office operation.
Very Strong experience of supplier and contract management and service key performance indicators (KPIs).
Experience of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) technologies (for example SAP, Oracle, Workday).
Very strong organisational, interpersonal and drafting skills;
Desirable skills and experience:
Experience of software as a service (SaaS) ERP technologies (for example SAP, Oracle, Workday)
Experience operating in a live shared services environment.
A good understanding of how technology automates back office operations, straight through processing, integrations, data and reporting.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Seeing the Big Picture
Communicating and Influencing
Delivering at Pace
Managing a Quality Service