The post holder will have a proven record in delivering shared services transition and will require strong stakeholder and project management skills.
Following the Machinery of Government changes in 2016 the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) has inherited two shared service providers for Finance, Procurement and HR transactional services: UK Shared Business Services Limited (servicing two-thirds of staff) and Shared Services Connected Limited (one third).
This environment is further complicated by a requirement to create:
- a discrete service within UK Shared Business Services for the Department for International Trade (currently embedded into the BEIS service); and
- a future vision for shared services post 2020/21, when we anticipate adopting a Software as a Service platform. Achieving this requires a review of our requirements, processes and guidance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- commissioning a review by external experts of the requirements, timings and resources to transition all BEIS staff onto the UK Shared Business Services platform;
- leading a multi-discipline team (comprising HR, Finance, Procurement and Shared Service professionals) in the delivery of the transition;
- delivering a customer insight function for business as usual services from both providers;
- building the business case for next generation Software as a Service (or similar);
- working jointly with UK Research and Innovation to prepare the business for the next generation of shared services platforms (including reviewing our requirements, processes, guidance and training).
Essential skills and experience include:
- excellent stakeholder management and communication skills;
- strong project management skills;
- a proven record of shared services system implementation;
- excellent leadership skills.
It would be desirable, but not essential, to have an understanding of how Government works.