Nestlé UK & Ireland
SHE Manager - Beyond Operations (Head offices, Sales Team and Marketing Events)
Flexible on location between York or Gatwick – regular travel required between the two sites.
Up to £60,000 DOE + 17% car Allowance and Excellent Benefits
We have a fantastic exciting opportunity with the Group SHE team; we are looking for an experienced SHE Beyond Operations Manager (Sales Team, Supply Chain, Marketing Events, and Head Offices, etc), this position has occurred due to the changes within the SHE team. This role will be looking after SHE Beyond Operations. You will have the opportunity to inspire and empower excellence in safety, health, and environment across our UK&I Market.
A day in the life of a SHE Manager
You will be the expert in safety, health, and environmental sustainability across Nestlé UK &I and NiM covering beyond operations (Sales Team, Marketing Events, and Offices). You will assist in developing the Market SHE strategy and guide its implementation through the application of the Nestlé Management System whilst providing leadership across all functions to enable staff to realise their SHE goals and create pride in their achievements.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
• Working closely with the Workplace and Wellbeing team to coordinate the formulation and management of the health and wellness roadmap.
• Identify the key SHE priorities for now and the future, creating a holistic strategy for group SHE.
• Guide implementation of NMS and other Group SHE Standards.
• Developing and continuously improving Market SHE programmes to deliver compliance and performance improvement whilst ensuring manufacturing sites and offices are certified to ISO 14001 and all employees are covered under ISO 45001.
• Ensure training and coaching are provided to managers and team leaders to help them take ownership and lead & manage SHE within their area of responsibility.
• Develop & coordinate SHE networks of professionals, champions, and SMEs on a NiM basis.
• Co-ordinate internal & external resources to ensure delivery of high quality and efficient SHE support, e.g. exposure monitoring, health promotion, health surveillance, life cycle assessment, training, annual reports. Leverage SHE-PM and other tools to monitor & analyse performance and improve decision-making.
• Ensure compliance is regularly audited and performance assessed, and the results used to drive further improvement. Promote effective communication of successes and learnings and recognition for strong performers and contributors.
• Engage with external stakeholders (e.g. regulatory bodies, trades unions, NGOs) on SHE topics to build long term, positive relationships.
What will make you successful
We are looking for a leader, an individual who is comfortable influencing and challenging across all levels and has a passion for SHE.
Other attributes are:
• NEBOSH National Diploma in OHS (or equivalent) is essential for this role, Env. Mgmt qualification is desirable.
• Demonstrable knowledge of UK Health & Safety and Environmental legislation
• Worked in an operational environment (e.g. factory, DC) and ideally corporate environment as well
• Ideally degree educated at a high standard preferably in a technical subject (or equivalent).
• Knowledge/awareness of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 50001 and ISO 45001 standards.
• Analyse complex problems to identify multiple root causes.
• Demonstrate you can influence in behavioural change in a unit/organisation.
• Worked in, and led, cross-functional teams to improve SHE performance.
• Translated policies & standards into practical action plans.
• Coached individuals and teams in different environments.
• Knowledge and experience in leading management system audits.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holiday plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 4th August 2021.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Right to work in the UK
In accordance with Home Office guidance successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment. The successful candidate therefore must be able to demonstrate their right to work status for the UK during the recruitment process. We have assessed this role and it could be applicable for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and you are unable to gain this independently, we may be able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route in line with the Home office guidelines. We encourage you to review the UK Home Office guidelines ahead of submitting a job application to review whether you meet the eligibility criteria under the Skilled Worker route and understand the immigration fees that you would be responsible for when making a visa application. If you require sponsorship, please discuss this with us as part of the recruitment process.