The Snr. Commercial Evaluation Analyst will prepare and provide performance based reporting on accounts (Post Project Evaluation), comparing actual performance against the business case, and providing insight on account performance. Additionally, the role is responsible to guide and provide support on reporting and deal analysis related to the Passenger Car (PCO) and Heavy Duty (HD) businesses within Castrol Lubricants, and will be responsible to analyse profitability of promotions.
This senior analyst role will also have a responsibility to analyze, develop and recommend commercial offers for Castrol Lubricants customers in conjunction with the relevant business managers, and to provide the financial analysis required to assess the economic value and any associated commercial risks. They will support the business by analyzing new projects/offers and identify value-creating opportunities, as well as provide profit and loss, capital investment and cash flow analysis on new/existing projects.
- Provide critical analysis and insights into completed deals. Included but not limited to optimization of financial delivery going forward
- Provide guidance and support over resources based in GBS (KL). Ensure deliverables are met, continually seek ways to better leverage resources and ensure adherence to desktop procedures while maintain and communicate best practices.
- Provide financial rigor and assurance to contracts and models. Ensure they reflect negotiated terms and conditions
- Support and lead M&A activities as appropriate
- Develop business knowledge of Retail. Leverage existing business knowledge from other parts of the business in order to optimize financial delivery. Develop a well-rounded CET organization to act as Center of Expertise
- Assess the financial and operating strength of new projects and offers for the overall business in order to understand the risks/benefits, following EEM (Economic Evaluation Methodology) guidance.
- Provide Finance challenge and insights into the US business through effective and robust performance conversations.
- Provide timely and insightful analysis that illuminates performance and trends as well as serves as early indicator of risks/opportunities to delivery.
- Support the business by ensuring management and teams are provided with sufficient data, analysis and support for plans, forecasts, and business initiatives to enable performance delivery and enhanced decision-making.
- Complete Ad hoc inquires of financial related analysis requested by teams/individuals across all functions of the organization.
A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree required; Finance/Accounting degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years related Finance work experience required, including experience in all or some of the following:
- Business analyst capability and commercial acumen
- Investment appraisal techniques
- Financial and economic modeling
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Compliance and control, governance
- Integrated planning experience, i.e. post project evaluations
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Economic evaluation experience a must.
- The ability to present to leadership and engage well with cross-functional teams across the business.