The Senior Regional Construction Manager (RCM) will lead and direct construction activities across the assigned ARCO and am/pm marketing territory in the Pacific Northwest. Projects include new to industry (NTI) service stations and convenience stores, as well as significant remodeling of existing facilities. Local project teams consist of the Regional Construction Manager (RCM), dedicated contract Project Managers, local A&E firms contracted by BP and company. BP follows a multi-gate capital value process for project development and execution, and this role focuses on management of the Define and Execute (Design/Permitting/construction) phases. A central project support team located in Chicago provides support for Project Controls and Scheduling, Reporting and P2P processes.
This role is home based and the successful candidate must be based in the Seattle, WA area.
- The project portfolio consists of New To Industry (NTI) service stations, Raze and Rebuild (R&R) stations, and additional remodel and marketing programs.
- The RCM provides input on financial planning, project forecasting and resource planning, and has direct responsibility for development process from Design through Opening and financial closure of projects.
- Front end: The Snr. RCM assists local Area Development Managers (ADM) by providing input on site selection and scoping.
- Oversee the creation of Project Execution packages at the Define to Execute gate
- Accountability for the performance of the project team: Project Managers, General Contractors and A&E firms for their projects.
- Accountablity for site safety, site construction quality, schedule & cost, and regularly provide project status reporting.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives, value engineering & evaluation of new design proposals as required.
- Become a recognized leader of safety culture in Fuels, N.A.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management specifically required.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant business experience within Retail construction or Fuels Marketing.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Strong project management experience working with contractors and sites.
- Required travel locally within Seattle, WA and surrounding area to projects as required. Travel outside of Pacific Northwest area minimal (5-10%).