BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and others.
The Rotating Equipment Engineer leads reliability improvement efforts and provides support and direction in completing repairs to rotating equipment or systems. The primary focus of this position is reliability support to the plant for rotating equipment issues.
* Responsible for health, safety and environmental performance and awareness in area of responsibility to achieve our goals of no accidents, no harm to people and no harm to the environment.
* Ensures the appropriate troubleshooting analysis, failure analysis and technical solutions are employed
* Investigates accidents and near-misses. Prepares and conducts safety meetings.
* Coordinates and participates in all refinery safety programs.
* Identifies improvements and works with others to define and direct or execute the project
* Maintains a clean, safe work site and ensures adequate housekeeping
* Administers and/or participates in the support of the Employee Policy. That is, everyone knows what is expected of them (expectations/competencies), everyone has open discussions (appraisals) about performance issues, everyone is helped/helps develop employee capabilities (personal development), and everyone will be listened to and involved in improving their team's performance (feedback)
* Provides the primary focus on Proactive Maintenance and reliability for the plant rotating equipment and systems.
* Provides technical support to the Maintenance and Process enhancement teams
* Understands and is compliant with all Control of Work (CoW) and Process Safety policies and procedures
* Provides technical input in determining priority of equipment repairs
* Acts as a resource for Warehouse and Procurement in requisitioning materials and preparing purchase orders
* Participates in weekly scheduling meeting, as required
* Assists in planning Turnaround activities in areas of expertise
* Assists in training craftsmen in area of expertise and directs critical activities requiring special expertise
* Assists planning in determining the detailed scope of work, estimate, and bill of materials
* Participates, as required, in the Management of Change (MOC) process
* Assists in preparing, reviewing and approving bids
* Acts as a resource for Maintenance in understanding the scope of work and in identification and analysis of scope changes
* Will lead failure investigations
* Responsible for creating and maintaining accurate, up-to-date equipment records, including baseline data
* Analyses equipment monitoring data and develops appropriate response to reliability problems
* Assists in verifying correct parts are being used and assessing whether used parts are repairable
* Reviews performance of outside repair facilities
* Reviews/develops standardized repair procedures for use in BP and outside repair shops in the area of expertise
* Networks with peers across BP through the Rotating Equipment Network and with industry peers in other companies
Participates as a member of plant emergency operating procedure (EOP) team
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (preferable concentration within Mechanical Engineering)
Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a refinery or similar industry with practical rotating equipment and reliability experience.
* Ability to analyse problems and troubleshoot; systematically determine the root cause(s) of problems through questioning and inspecting, and then identify the best course of action
* In-depth knowledge of rotating equipment and tools
* Competent in reading technical drawings
* Knowledgeable about project execution and control
* Skilled in developing and conducting training
* Knowledgeable about and can conduct an incident investigation to determine defects or to develop a root cause analyses (RCFA)
* Understands the requirements of Process Safety Management (PSM), specifically the Management of Chance (MOC) process
* Proficiency in requisitioning material; understands the roles of Procurement and Warehouse
* Understands and has expertise in PM/PdM programs (oil analysis, vibration monitoring, on line compressor performance monitoring, etc.)
* Ability to quickly and accurately compare similarities and differences to optimize or detect abnormal conditions within the process
* The ability to multitask while performing job tasks, without being distracted
* Assist in HAZOPs, MOC's, Incident Investigations, and Job Safety Analysis
* Able to identify and assess safety hazards