To be aware of the vision, mission and values of The ExtraCare Charitable Trust, and to be committed to its aims and objectives.
As the Social Engagement Supporter you will deliver the outcomes of a three year Big Lottery Funded Confronting Loneliness Project.
We recognise that people’s wellbeing is determined primarily by a range of social, economic and environmental factors. The Confronting Loneliness Project aims to address these holistic needs and remove barriers to successful social engagement that alleviates loneliness and builds resilience for the future.
Within this role you will be expected to develop relationships with residents, older people local to ExtraCare retirement communities, internal and external professionals.
Through person centred relationships you will learn about people’s unique barriers to social engagement and alleviate these through the delivery of self-efficacy building workshops and one to one support.
Day to day you will be accountable to the Enriched Opportunities Programme Lead.
- Participate in the design of a bespoke self-efficacy building workshop
- Be responsible for delivering a bespoke self-efficacy building workshop across three ExtraCare retirement communities
- Liaise with ExtraCare team members to identify residents who will benefit from this service
- Liaise with external adult social care professionals to identify older people in the wider community who will benefit from this service
- Participate in the design of documents to record progress and outcomes participants make in self-efficacy workshops and one to one support
- Produce records of the progress and outcomes participants make in self-efficacy workshops and one to one support
- Production of support plan for attendees
- Participate in the design of a self-efficacy based training workshop aimed at resident Volunteer Befrienders
- Deliver a self-efficacy based training workshop to resident Volunteer Befrienders
- Working to a timeframe of 8 weeks, provide one to one follow-up support to self-efficacy workshop participants to further alleviate barriers to social engagement
- Support in arranging attendance / memberships to Village lifestyle services that directly address the participants social needs
- Launch the Chatty Café Scheme within six ExtraCare retirement communities across Birmingham and Coventry over three year project
- Manage the financial resources provided for you to deliver a successful service
- Support the Enriched Opportunities Programme Lead to execute and control the Confronting Loneliness Project plan, meeting its aims within the specified timeframe
- Participant in supervision with the Enriched Opportunities Programme Lead to discuss participant wellbeing, project management and any barriers to the success of the project