If you like a challenge and enjoy a varied workday, you’ll feel at home here. At the NCA we put our people first, providing opportunities for you to grow and succeed as individuals and working together as part of a team. Love learning? Great, we’re looking for self-starters who we can support through our professional communities and training to further your knowledge and development. We’re growing and evolving, and we need people like you to help us achieve our ambition of putting data exploitation at the heart of our fight against serious and organised crime.
Software Engineer (Dev Ops) develop and run the operation of NDEC (National Data Exploitation Capability) systems, supporting operational teams by ensuring secure, stable, and reliable data systems.
The NCA’s mission is to protect the public and to lead the UK’s fight against serious and organised crime (SOC). By joining us in NDEC, you are not only joining a key component of the NCA’s Operations - Intelligence Command, but are also joining part of the UK’s national security capabilities focused on tackling the greatest threats to the UK population and interests through the use of data exploitation and data science. This is an area that has grown significantly in recent years and will continue to grow as we adapt and respond to the ever-increasing expansion of technology and data in our personal and commercial lives.
NDEC are, and will be, at the heart of this response and you will be joining a team of dedicated and diverse professionals who are all committed to making NDEC and the NCA a success.
• Team-working: Work in multi-functional teams to advise, quality assure, develop, and deliver strategic and tactical data analytical solutions to operational challenges.
• Programming and build: Design, build, test and maintain data systems, making sure they meet business requirements and user needs.
• Data service delivery: Delivering data services that are automated, reliable, and secure; designing automation in data including writing infrastructure as code.
• Team Management: Line manage, support and mentor technical members of staff.
• Coaching: Support and develop staff in programming and coding techniques.
• Quality Assurance: Ensure the quality of software, and dissemination of data/information, whilst ensuring confidentiality and sensitivity in line with NCA policy and enterprise governance standards.
• Communication: Build working relationships with colleagues across the NCA’s technical community to develop skills and cross-functional working.
• Collaboration: Share and disseminate knowledge and findings across the broader technical and NCA community as appropriate.