Software Product Manager - Interactive Learning Program
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
We seek a Product Manager to join a highly collaborative and fast-moving team dedicated to building the next generation of immersive digital learning and practice tools within higher education. These high-intensity, high-profile initiatives demand a high degree of flexibility and willingness to workhands-on to achieve aggressive release targets with significant market potential.
As a product manager, you will be a bridge between the product development organization and the best editorial teams in the educational publishing industry. You will deeply understand the teaching and learning challenges present in today’s college classrooms. You will collaboratively define simple, elegant, and effective product capabilities that address these challenges. You will work with other product managers to create prototypes and solutions for new product features, and with content developers to take full advantage of these features as they are delivered. You will partner with software developers to scope, prioritize, implement, and rapidly deliver new product releases.
- In collaboration with product leadership and a cross-functional team (e.g. User Experience, Learning Design, Development, QA, etc), contribute features and capabilities to the product roadmap.
- Lead solution design activities for roadmap items and support the translation of the solution design into actionable work for the development team.
- Work with an Agile software team, set priorities and ensure work meets the definition of done.
- Specify functional requirements and acceptance criteria; craft other documents necessary for implementing the product roadmap.
- Build relationships with partner product teams, communicating requirements and addressing roadblocks.
- In conjunction with other team members, identify and manage dependencies within and across features and capabilities and evaluate downstream impacts due to strategic and development decisions.
- Work closely with engineering, architecture, product model management and technical support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Support and deliver on accessibility requirements and be a resource on these issues for other members of the product management team.
- Understand the Business: Has working knowledge of the overall product capability plan and how it contributes to category plan. Has working knowledge of specific market opportunity or customer needs and expectations into product tool and component design. Consults with other stakeholders to assess options and determine the most efficient and cost-effective approach to building product capabilities.
- Efficacy: Has working knowledge of innovation within product capability across categories. Understands from design team efficacy requirements and understands how to embed efficacy capabilities into functional product tools and components.
- Collaboration: Is a member of cross-functional product teams with moderate guidance. Provides input to the team on translating customer and technical requirements into well-engineered, tested and deployed product capabilities. Interfaces, with moderate guidance, with stakeholders to determine feasibility for functional capabilities to meet customer expectations and needs.
- Digital Change Maker: Has working knowledge on how to build and develop product capabilities with the customer experience in mind, based on inputs on customer intelligence from other stakeholders. Part of the team, with moderate guidance, that investigates new approaches for product build based on examining new technology emerging in the market.
- Transformer: Able to identify external or internal obstacles to products delivery or profitability and monitors to ensure that product teams work within parameters of budget.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (advanced degree preferred)
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years agile software product management experience
- Demonstrated success contributing to the definition and building of excellent web-based products and/or native mobile apps
- Experience working with multi-functional project teams and working cross-functionally
- Able to deliver a compelling presentation in front of small groups
- Ability to write a clear, concise technical document
- Outstanding analytical skills and attention to detail
- Highly collaborative nature to lead and thrive in team environments
- Passion for improving the world through education
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-MA-Boston
Work Locations: US-MA-Boston-501 Boylston 501 Boylston St Boston 02116
Job: Product Management
Organization: Global Product
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: May 14, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1807538
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled