In addition to sourcing, this role is responsible for developing supplier relationships and proactively identifying value opportunities. The Sourcing Specialist will work with supply chain operations and various business stakeholders to effectively secure goods and services through contract administration.
This role requires consistent project tracking and communication as well as sound working knowledge of business requirements. The ability to engage internal stakeholders, PSCM, and other functions within GBS is required for sourcing initiatives.
• Manage several concurrent sourcing and contracting projects, ensuring that all customer needs are understood, and structure and resource projects accordingly to deliver these requirements
Liaise with business stakeholders and PSCM, clearly articulating process and project mil estones
• Manage internal and external resources to optimize client impact, also working closely with PSCM on executing sourcing projects
• Take a professional and disciplined approach to working with suppliers, ensuring transparency, consistency and fairness
• Support safety in operational integrity through effective supplier quality management.
• Implement and realize value through effective strategic cost management, utilizing best in class methods and tools.
• Partner with suppliers in service of cost management and development of relationships that drive supply chain value for the organization.
• High School Diploma or GED
• 2+ years of experience in business, preferably spend management strategies and/or procurement/supply chain, sourcing and category management
• Strong interpersonal, motivating and influencing skills for interacting with team members, business partners, suppliers, and management
• Evidence of result-oriented approach and sound problem solving skills
• Strong technical skills with required proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Ariba, and SAP
• Ability to plan, prioritize and manage workload with considerable independence
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills for producing and communicating comprehensive and concise reports
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment and ability to adapt to changing priorities