Job DescriptionRole: Sous Chef - BirminghamLocation: BirminghamBand 5Salary: £22,099 - £29,329 plus benefitsHours: 37.5 hours
Undertake and develop the smooth and efficient running of the divisional catering operation in the absence of the Head Chef, ensuring that meals provided are to the highest culinary and hygienic standard. Working at St Andrew’s Healthcare
We’re the UK’s largest independent provider of NHS services, a unique mental health charity aspiring to deliver truly world-class care. Our focus is transforming lives through ground breaking treatment and rehabilitation, with surpluses re-invested in our outstanding facilities. You’ll find a welcoming, inclusive culture here, inspired by the shared values of our team. Everyone has their part to play in the amazing work we do – you’ll have every opportunity to get what you want from your career. Your role with us
This role is based at our Birmingham site.
Your duties will be:
- To be responsible for the management of the kitchen and production of food in accordance with the required standards.
- Ensure that the catering service reaches the required standards laid out by the Hospitals HACCP Policy.
- Supervise, train and motivate the kitchen team of Chefs and Support Services Assistants, to include:
- Requisitioning of supplies in accordance with the hospital’s purchasing regulations.
- Monitor the condition of all catering equipment and ensure that any faults are rectified.
- Be effective in maintaining the high standard of cleanliness and food safety which is required.
- Ensure that staffs are adequately motivated and that enough time has been allowed or tasks set.
- Ensure that junior staffs receive adequate training on the HACCP policy.
- To adhere to the policies and general regulations of St Andrew’s Hospital at all times.
- Support the Head Chef to work within the budgeted food costs.
- Maintain and improve upon present practices that provide evidence of ‘Due Diligence’ if required by the local authority Environmental Health Officers.
- To attend regular meetings with ward representatives about the food service.
- Keep abreast of new technology, suggesting ideas for improving the kitchen and other areas with new equipment and working practices which would reduce food costs and improve efficiency and quality.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Sickness policy on par with the NHS
- 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 after 10 years' service
- Life cover
- Car lease scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Healthcare cash plan
- Free parking
- Paid DBS application
- Access to free vocational qualifications
Closing Date - 31st October 2017