Job DescriptionSous Chef, BirminghamSalary: £22,520 - £24,660 per annum (depending on experience) plus benefitsFull Time: 37.5 hours per week
Are you an experienced Sous Chef who is fed up with working 60 + hours a week? St Andrew’s Healthcare Birmingham is a purpose built facility for male and female service users with complex mental health and learning disability issues.
We can offer you outstanding career development and training, a range of benefits and the opportunity to join us at a truly exciting time in our growth and development.
Here at St Andrew’s we have a wonderful opportunity to regain that work / personal life balance whilst helping this wonderful charity deliver a service second to none across the Service.
Join an award winning team
2015 Hospitality Assured team of the year , 2016 Catey Award winners
Silver for life award
You will be able to assist in leading a team delivering high quality provision of meal service to service users, ensuring that the meals provided are to the highest possible culinary and hygienic standards. You will ensure that the kitchens and ward dining areas are well organised, stocked and all necessary cleaning schedules are adhered to through the team delivering the service and have a proven track record of managing kitchens and personnel
You must also
- Hold a current food hygiene certificate and relevant City & Guilds, NVQ Level 3 minimum (Professional Cookery) or equivalent qualification with proven experience in a similar role.
- Be passionate about food and service
- Be able work closely with Dieticians to establish what textured foods are required within the service
- Be capable of managing a diverse work group
- Be able to interface with Services users, Staff and visitors
- Be able to deliver the service in the head chefs absence over the division
- Have sound financial acumen and be fully conversant with departmental budgets .
- Be capable of ordering food – ability to use Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Be fully conversant with food hygiene legislation and HACCP
You will need a flexible approach to working hours, be able to demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills and exhibit attitudes and behaviours reflective of St Andrew’s vision and values.Rewards
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
· Sickness policy on par with the NHS
· 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 after 10 years' service
· Life cover
· Car lease scheme
· Cycle to work scheme
· Childcare vouchers
· Healthcare cash plan
· Free parking
· Paid DBS application
· Access to free vocational qualificationsClosing Date: Sunday 16th December 2018
St Andrew’s is the UK’s largest mental health charity. We offer specialist secure services for men, women, adolescents and older people across mental health, learning disability, brain injury and degenerative disorders such as Huntington’s and Alzheimer’s. Putting Service Users’ needs at the heart of everything we do, we have built an innovative culture of clinical expertise.
All positions within St Andrew’s are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Unless specifically commissioned in advance, St Andrew’s will not consider Applications submitted by or through agencies. Please quote the relevant