Job DescriptionSpecialist Horticulture Technical Instructor - NorthamptonFrom £19,892 - £24,722 pro rata dependent upon experience Part Time (30 hours/week) - Flexible on times and daysWe have an exciting opportunity for the role of Specialist Horticulture Technical Instructor
. This role will enable you to share your passion and love of horticulture with a range of Patients by using gardening as a therapeutic medium with which to engage them with the natural world. You will be utilising our extensive grounds as well as accessing community projects.
A top 20 UK charity, St Andrew’s is a unique provider of specialist care in mental health and learning disability. We aspire to deliver truly world class, holistic services within our outstanding, modern facilities. Our independence means we can always put patients’ interests at the heart of decision making, while re-investing surpluses in frontline services.
Duties will include;
- Delivery of a horticultural pathway as part of a charity wide focus.
- Contributing to the support of Patients to engage in meaningful activity to meet their goals and the recording of their daily progress.
- Involvement in regular Patient reviews.
- Developing and implementing creative programmes that engage Patients in horticulture and conservation activities in a range of settings.
- Supporting Patients to develop horticulture and conservation skills.
- Supporting Patients to maintain and utilise ward gardens.
We are looking for energetic, motivated and self-driven individuals. You will have a creative and innovative approach to improving and increasing resources to help enrich Patients’ lives.Rewards and Benefits
Closing Date: 27th July 2018
- We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Excellent professional and career development and training opportunities
- Pension and life assurance
- Sickness policy on par with the NHS
- 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 further after 10 years' service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Healthcare cash plan
- Free parking
- Paid DBS application
- On-site facilities such as gym access and boot camp, swimming pool, café, library all set within beautiful grounds.