Job DescriptionLocation: NorthamptonSalary: Band 6 - £27,069 - £30,528 + £1,641 registered clinical allowanceHours: 37.5 hours per week
St Andrew’s has a growing Speech and Language Therapy department. The Secure Services Team for Speech and Language Therapy is a small centralised team that work across a variety of clinical pathways including ASD, LD and Working/Older Age Psychiatry. The team provides support with Speech, Language and Communication Needs and Dysphagia/Mealtime Needs of patients at St Andrew’s.
Due to a recent internal promotion and further development of the Speech and Language Therapy Team across St Andrew’s, we currently have an opportunity to work with a mixed clinical caseload across different pathways, primarily supporting patients with ASD, LD, and Mental Health. Support to other pathways including ABI and Progressive Neurological Conditions may be required. We welcome applications from experienced Speech and Language Therapists.
What we are looking for in you?
- Evidence of working knowledge and clinical skills in either ASD, LD or Mental Health
- An accredited dysphagia qualification would be ideal however we will provide training to gain this qualification for the right candidate
What you can expect from us?
- Weekly opportunities to work alongside and access Highly Specialist SLT staff to further develop your confidence and competence across clinical pathways.
- Monthly SLT Department Team Meeting and CPD Events.
- Protected time to engage in regular Clinical Supervision.
- An opportunity to work within a small dynamic, forward-thinking therapy team
- Access to internal and external training events.
- Regular review of your developmental and training needs.
If you would like to know more about this post or are interested in arranging an informal visit to St Andrew’s Northampton, please contact Carol Reffin, Head of Speech and Language Therapy.
Closing date: 30 July 2017
Interview date: TBC In August 2017