Job DescriptionSPECIALIST SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPISTBAND 6 / PROFESSIONALNORTHAMPTONSalary: £29,181 - £38,861 Job vacancy for 37.5 hours 1.0 WTE. Flexible working options available.Firstly, a bit about us
St Andrew’s is the UK’s leading mental healthcare charity with an excellent and well-deserved reputation as a provider of specialist mental healthcare, and a top 20 charity overall. We have a multi-disciplinary team of over 4,500 staff who deliver world-class, innovative and holistic care each day across our five locations.
As a charity, all of our profits are re-invested into new services and new facilities, a legacy which has carried on through our 178 year history. Today we proudly continue to build excellent mental healthcare services – with Europe’s largest adolescent unit recently opened. And because we’re independent, we have the flexibility to make a real difference in the world of mental health. Joining us is your chance to make a big contribution to the lives of some of society’s most vulnerable people.The role and person
St Andrew’s has a well-established Speech and Language Therapy department. The St Andrew’s Speech and Language Therapy service is a small centralised team that work across a variety of clinical pathways including ASD, LD and Working/Older Age Psychiatry, ABI and Progressive Neurological Conditions.
The team provides support with Speech, Language and Communication Needs and Dysphagia/Mealtime Needs of patients at St Andrews.
Due to further development of the Speech and Language Therapy Team across St Andrew’s, we currently have an opportunity to work with a mixed clinical caseload across different pathways, that include ASD, LD, Mental Health through lifespan. We welcome applications from experienced Speech and Language Therapists.
What we are looking for in you?
- Evidence of working knowledge and clinical skills in either ASD, LD or Mental Health
- A Dysphagia qualification or evidence of dysphagia competency
What you can expect from us?
- Weekly opportunities to work alongside and access Highly Specialist SLT staff to further develop your confidence and competence across clinical pathways.
- Monthly SLT Department Team Meetings.
- Protected time to engage in regular Clinical Supervision.
- An opportunity to work within a small dynamic, forward-thinking therapy team
- Opportunities for Continuing Professional Development
- An excellent benefits package including pension, sickness policy on par with NHS, 35 days holiday, life cover, free parking, and a cycle to work scheme.
If you would like to know more about this post or are interested in arranging an informal visit to St Andrew’s Northampton, to meet the team, please contact Laura Watling tel. 01604 616802)Closing date: 30th September 2018Interview date: 10th October 2018