The TAR specialist is accountable for the TAR work list development, creating the necessary TAR isolations, refreshing all procedures used during the shutdown, cleaning, commissioning and start-up activities. Through the Turnaround process, the TAR specialist, on a daily basis, will test what is "real in the field" regarding personal safety, process safety, and compliance, and intervenes as necessary to drive performance.You will be accountable for establishing expectations and drive Operations and TAR personnel working on your assigned unit to thoroughly assess, understand, and control personal safety risk through the use of safe work permits and compliance with procedures.
- Control of Work expert for the TAR
- Ensures safe and efficient implementation of CoW. Considers safe level of work and concurrent work in daily, weekly and TAR schedule development.
- Ensure adequate Operations support and coverage for work activities.
- Ensures equipment is prepared safely and on time for maintenance
- Ensure the appropriate approvals are identified for maintenance work.
- The TAR Specialist is accountable to establish expectations and drive completion of Process Safety related operations activities, and to ensure the MOC policy is applied for changes during the TAR.
- Ensures Process Safety related operations activities are completed. (CLO / CLC verification in start-up, Running Break verification in s/u )
- Ensures procedures are used and learnings captured during shutdown and start-up related activities.
- Ensures all equipment lockouts are designed per policy to allow for the safe, efficient execution of TAR work.
- The TAR Specialist leads the TAR planning process for Operations (TAR Common Process).
- Scrutinizes scope to ensure only TAR items are on the worklist
- Communicates TAR worklist plans to unit personnel
- Participates in scope review meetings and equipment walkdowns to ensure the work executed by the TAR team solves the problem identified by operations.
- If large capital project scope exists, will represent operations during the detailed design and execution of the capital project, ensuring efficiencies between the project, TAR and operations goals are captured.
- Maintains a shift supervisor qualification and covers shift supervisor vacancies
- Will serve as either the day or night Ops Execution lead during TAR execution.
- The TAR specialist is accountable for creating and nurturing a culture of teamwork, learning, two way communication, and integrity
High School Diploma (or equivalent) with 7-10 years of experience in operations or turnarounds in a refinery or chemical plant environment, or
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technical with 5-7 years of experience in a refinery/chemical plant.
- 5 years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree and 7 years of experience with a School Diploma
- Experience in operations or turnarounds in a refinery or chemical plant
- Ability to influence a cross functional group of stakeholders
Ability to manage and organize systems and processes